2019 Takealot Thread (Only 4 Beggers)

Arex

Anyone have an idea of takealot delivery times?
I bought around 7 items from takealot (simple everyday stuff Just wanted to use my coupon and make up free delivery to Durban),
On the website its telling me they will arrive in September due to waiting for items to arrive from the suppliers.
I bought goods of Amazon also from different suppliers and it arrived at my doorstep in 5 days.
Can anyone confirm if it really takes this long or are they just playing safe?

Vk007

I bought around 7 items from takealot (simple everyday stuff Just wanted to use my coupon and make up free delivery to Durban),
On the website its telling me they will arrive in September due to waiting for items to arrive from the suppliers.
I bought goods of Amazon also from different suppliers and it arrived at my doorstep in 5 days.
They may deliver the items separately... What ever is in stock will probably be delivered and if theres items that are to be ordered from a different supplier that will take time, that particular item may arrive at a later date... I've had this experience with them. Its always better to order items that are in stock, those items generally arrive within a week. Items that say "shipped in 5-7 days" generally take around 2 weeks in my personal experiences... Some items that needed to be ordered by them were 'canceled' by them also and my acc was credited, i assume they could not get the specific item at the time.

Hellhound105

Expert Member

Your items are in stock so delivery will be quick

Smokey mcpot

Normally they give a date and my items come a week earlier. I think they're playing it safe with the dates on items that need to be ordered.

If in stock my items arrive within 2 days. .. if I order early morning I sometimes get it the next day.

Swa

Honorary Master
Delivery times are usually the longest it could take. So once the last item arrives they generally will deliver.

airborne

Executive Member
Anyone tried using the same Visa card on a different account to get a R200 voucher?

Smokey mcpot

I've used the same card on 2 different accounts and it worked. Actually reminding me to buy another R2 airtime for another voucher

bixt

Is there no longer an issue with the same bank card being used multiple times and the orders cancelled?

Hellhound105

Expert Member
For those who want - Raru has their R1000 vouchers for R900 today. R100 is 10%, its something

Hellhound105

Expert Member
They also have a few deals but only the dog thingy has sold out, by the time of writing this.