2020 Honda City/Ballade (7th Generation)

thechamp

Honorary Master
I owned Ford, Nissan, and VW brands. In 2018 decided to go Honda.

Worst decision I ever made. Bought a demo 2017 Honda Ballade Trend. The build of the vehicle is crap. Just under 40K and rattles from the front dashboard and bonnet. Rear seat rattles on bumps (creaks when a passenger sits on it). Occasional irritating squeak from driver’s seat. Water drips into the passenger side door compartment. Becomes irritating when raining.

After sale service is pitiful. My complaint on Hello Peter.

https://www.hellopeter.com/honda-umhlanga/reviews/appalling-service-from-honda-umhlanga-2775401

Pads were replaced at 33K due to a vibration on the steering. This came off my maintenance plan. The problem is that we have limited Honda dealerships. We don’t have the luxury, like VW or Toyota, to go to another dealership if you are dissatisfied with their service. This dealership is a few km’s from my place of work. The next closest dealership is in Pinetown and, because of the distance, they do not offer a lift to work. A colleague of mine wanted to purchase a Honda Jazz. After travelling in my car and reading of my experience, she ended up purchasing a Hyundai.

A colleague of mine owns a 2018 Ballade Elegance, also unhappy with the after sales service. Took his vehicle in as he could hear a noise whenever he applied his brakes. They took the car for a test drive and informed that nothing is wrong with the vehicle. They could not hear the noise. 2 months later – a loud grinding sound. Goes back to the dealer and they tell him his pads are worn and now scoring the discs. Replacement of pads and disc came of his maintenance plan.

I am now forced to trade in the car early next year. As much as the vehicle may look good, I would avoid the new Ballade like the plague.
Was it also made in India?

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Rumour: Next-gen Honda City (in India) to get 1.5L n/a, NOT the turbo (as fitted in Thailand) - Team-BHP

The next generation Honda City is likely to get a 1.5-litre, naturally aspirated petrol engine in India, instead of the turbocharged unit offered in Thailand.

The 1.0-litre, turbo petrol engine is said to be unique to Thailand. It is believed to be unsuitable for Indian traffic conditions and would be expensive to build and maintain.

Besides, this turbo petrol unit is Euro5 (and not BS6) compliant.

The India-spec City is likely to get a reworked 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine with more power and improved fuel economy. We are told that Honda has improved the low-end torque based on customer feedback.

Transmission options are likely to include a 6-speed manual and a continuously variable transmission (CVT).

LCBXX

Honorary Master
The new Uber 2020.
The rear-bench comfort in the current model is unrivalled in its segment. And it has a enormous boot.

So yes.

The L15 engine is in dire need of refinement though. I cannot care how reliable it is; the noise and vibration from it cannot be acceptable in this day, especially when mated with a CVT.