2020 TakeAlot Voucher Code Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabi

Made a Takealot purchase on 19.01.20. No discount vouchers used. Order was cancelled on 21.01.20. Reason given :
We regret to inform you that we cannot complete and deliver your order for certain items purchased, and have therefore canceled the order. An inadvertent error caused certain products to be shown as available at an incorrect price. Upon becoming aware of this error we immediately amended the details on the website.

We will be crediting your account in full for the payments made for the products in question and if you prefer a refund please contact us and we will gladly refund you, the refund will reflect in your bank account as soon as your bank processes the refund from us.

We are truly sorry that we have caused you any inconvenience in this regard.

Is this legal. Basically cancelled my order due to incorrect pricing on their side.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Made a Takealot purchase on 19.01.20. No discount vouchers used. Order was cancelled on 21.01.20. Reason given :
We regret to inform you that we cannot complete and deliver your order for certain items purchased, and have therefore canceled the order. An inadvertent error caused certain products to be shown as available at an incorrect price. Upon becoming aware of this error we immediately amended the details on the website.

We will be crediting your account in full for the payments made for the products in question and if you prefer a refund please contact us and we will gladly refund you, the refund will reflect in your bank account as soon as your bank processes the refund from us.

Is this legal. Basically cancelled my order due to incorrect pricing on their side.

Jip. They also don`t care about customer service, so basically that`s it.

Mumu_786

Had the same experience with makro online but in the tncs they are allowed to cancel and well Atleast makro gave a R200 voucher for the inconvenience

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Had the same experience with makro online but in the tncs they are allowed to cancel and well Atleast makro gave a R200 voucher for the inconvenience

On a note, they didn`t have to supply a R200 voucher, which then proves in this case they value their customers more.

Tabi

On a note, they didn`t have to supply a R200 voucher, which then proves in this case they value their customers more.
Lied to me at first said No stock. But sent this explanation through later. No compensation just apologies. Also suggested i buy the product a higher place from the supplier website. WTF. Thats if i want it so bad.

enerdude

Expert Member
I'm a new customer and not using a voucher. So I'm not gonna keep quite. i want justice.
Guess you mean "quiet", like said above you wasting your time. They have t&c's in place to cover themselves and as they say, always read the "fine print".

Swa

Honorary Master
It's simple don't buy from them. They're expensive, don't stock most products, and don't know what customer service means.

enerdude

Expert Member
It's simple don't buy from them. They're expensive, don't stock most products, and don't know what customer service means.
That is why I buy selectively from them and only when they are the cheapest and when there is an active R150 off voucher and then I make a new account obviously. I have saved thousands over the last few years using this method. When I have queries I never email them but rather phone them as I dont pay for calls and it seems to get sorted sooner this way.

RedhotNeo

Expert Member

That is debatable as Makro is a full retailer which means CPA fully applies to them whether you purchase instore or online. There was 1 person that i know who fought Makro on this and won his purchase online purchase. CPA doesnt fully apply to stores like Takealot since you cannot see what you purchase until you receive the product. But makro has a store which you can purchase or collect items from. He won the case on the fact that Makro advertised the product on their site at the incorrect price but never rectified it nor did they release a advert or press to show the incorrect pricing like they usually do so CPA fully applied. you pay the price you see.. it depends how you fight the battle and whom you have fighting it for you

Last edited:

Tabi

That is why I buy selectively from them and only when they are the cheapest and when there is an active R150 off voucher and then I make a new account obviously. I have saved thousands over the last few years using this method. When I have queries I never email them but rather phone them as I dont pay for calls and it seems to get sorted sooner this way.
The item has come back at a higher price now after denying if or when they will get stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.