2020 TakeAlot Voucher Code Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swa

Honorary Master
Another reason it's great to have dynamic IP's. :cool:

People think I'm crazy because I dislike the idea of being stuck with the same IP address as I would be on Vumatel Fibre.

Perhaps not the most legitimate of reasons, :whistling: but why should I pay a premium for internet that's so restrictive?
Exactly. I don't know why people see a restrictive static IP as so special when no consumer application benefits from it. I don't know why fibre providers don't have a way for us to reset IPs.

enerdude

Expert Member
....being stuck with the same IP address as I would be on Vumatel Fibre.

Actually that is not true. Depends on the area / setup they created. I am in a complex in West of JHB and have a fixed ip via Vumatel / Vox. One of my clients in a house in a residential area 3.5 km from me are also via Vumatel / Vox but their router is configured for PPOE which gives them a new IP every time the router is restarted (and a new PPOE circuit is formed)

For myself the process is a bit more complicated - I have to phone in to tech support and request them to release my ip and re-assign a new one. So bit long-winded, but possible. I also already pay a vpn provider that has multiple SA vpn ips that I currently use for other purposes e.g. to overcome regional blocking, but at same time can use in cases like these.

Lefty309

lol I got caught, they black listed my card and they are not accepting any payments from that particular card lol …. only made 2 orders :cautious::cautious:
You still have CoD as an option. Not sure if Masterpass would work

Lefty309

Seems his address is also blacklisted so will have to start delivering to friends / relatives using a different ip address also
Changing your ip is easy via a VPN or by using mobile data (which has a dynamic ip)

enerdude

Expert Member
Changing your ip is easy via a VPN or by using mobile data (which has a dynamic ip)
I know that, been using nordvpn for ages. Some people just dont like to jump through all the hoops for R150, especially delivering to other addresses.

Totempole

Expert Member

Keeping good latency isn't though.

Plenty of risks using VPNs on platforms where IP addresses are a consideration.

For myself the process is a bit more complicated - I have to phone in to tech support and request them to release my ip and re-assign a new one. So bit long-winded, but possible.

Do you have to contact Vuma or your ISP to get your IP released? Useful info for when I inevitably have to make the switch.

Last edited:

enerdude

Expert Member
Keeping good latency isn't though.

Plenty of risks using VPNs on platforms where IP addresses are a consideration.

Both these is not really a factor if you use it for the purposes it was intended for, e.g. not gonna try gaming on it. I also don't run a vpn 24/7, ony when needed.

Do you have to contact Vuma or your ISP to get your IP released? Useful info for when I inevitably have to make the switch.
I phone my ISP (vox) to get it released. In my case I opted to use my own netgear router upon getting my fiber installed years ago instead of the vox mikrotik router and had to either spoof the mac on my netgear to be same as their mikrotik or get them to make adjustments on their side.

jdoe

Afternoon peeps
After too many beers I placed 2 orders misspelt my email logged out of the first account and cant log in again. Strangely the items hasn't been shipped. Been a week. All I have is the banking sms. After you have laughed your heads off. Any helpful advise.

enerdude

Expert Member
Afternoon peeps
After too many beers I placed 2 orders misspelt my email logged out of the first account and cant log in again. Strangely the items hasn't been shipped. Been a week. All I have is the banking sms. After you have laughed your heads off. Any helpful advise.
So you saying you created throwaway email addresses and now you forgot the email addresses? Do you have the order nrs maybe. If not, you pretty screwed.

I also assume you did not click 'save password' on whatever email site and / or takealot's site you went? Otherwise you can maybe check your browser's saved password section

jdoe

So you saying you created throwaway email addresses and now you forgot the email addresses? Do you have the order nrs maybe. If not, you pretty screwed.

I also assume you did not click 'save password' on whatever email site and / or takealot's site you went? Otherwise you can maybe check your browser's saved password section
I don't have the order no or email for the one. The other ones been delivered. I used the tal app not sure which browser the app uses

enerdude

Expert Member
I don't have the order no or email for the one. The other ones been delivered. I used the tal app not sure which browser the app uses
App does not use a browser, I assumed you used a browser. Sounds to me you stuffed unless anybody else got any ideas

If you logout on the app, sometimes if you double tab the area where you enter your email address it may show history of previous addresses used for login, only other thing I can think of.

jdoe

App does not use a browser, I assumed you used a browser. Sounds to me you stuffed unless anybody else got any ideas

If you logout on the app, sometimes if you double tab the aread where you enter your email address it may show history of previous addresses used for login, only other thing I can think of.
Any tal agents here?? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.