2020 Takealot Vouchers Thread 2.0 (Everyone Welcome)

airborne

Honorary Master
They just cancelled and refunded the order.
Very sure. They did. Reason was for creating multiple accounts to use coupons. It went into spam, so I didn't see it at first.
lol.. I also got busted recently. They refunded my order and said they picked up multiple accounts of mine with same cell and they would disable all but its all still active.. luckily my 4 other preceding orders with the same cell number all got delivered
How soon after you placed the order did you get the email cancelling your order due to multiple accounts?
I've seen it mentioned before that if you get the Payment Confirmation for the order then you are good to go, is that still the case?

I'm assuming their process for detecting multiple accounts is automated, they probably don't have a team of little goblins cross checking all the order details.

Totempole

Expert Member
How soon after you placed the order did you get the email cancelling your order due to multiple accounts?
I've seen it mentioned before that if you get the Payment Confirmation for the order then you are good to go, is that still the case?

I'm assuming their process for detecting multiple accounts is automated, they probably don't have a team of little goblins cross checking all the order details.
More or less 48 hours later. I already got the payment confirmation as well.

My suspicion is that the flagging process is automated, but the actual cancellation is done with human intervention once they've had a chance to double check.

airborne

Honorary Master
More or less 48 hours later. I already got the payment confirmation as well.

My suspicion is that the flagging process is automated, but the actual cancellation is done with human intervention once they've had a chance to double check.

That would make sense, what do you think they picked up on your accounts that flagged them as being from the same person?

Totempole

Expert Member
That would make sense, what do you think they picked up on your accounts that flagged them as being from the same person?
I'll be honest, I wasn't actively doing anything to avoid them picking it up. As far as I'm concerned, the ball is in their court once I've placed it. They can either fulfill or refund, their choice.

But if I had to guess, since this was the first incident where my order was rejected, I would say it's most likely as a result of 2 deliveries which overlapped.

beenscamdb4

I just use random numbers I make up when I open accounts. I opened 6 accounts, 2 with gmail and 4 on outlook, only recieved one voucher on 1 gmail account.

joker08

Expert Member
I'll be honest, I wasn't actively doing anything to avoid them picking it up. As far as I'm concerned, the ball is in their court once I've placed it. They can either fulfill or refund, their choice.

But if I had to guess, since this was the first incident where my order was rejected, I would say it's most likely as a result of 2 deliveries which overlapped.
my order got cancelled. Different numbers and email and card, same name address though. Orders didnt overlap, I placed one received, placed second order -received, third - cancelled
Havent received the money back yet.