2020 Takealot Vouchers Thread 2.0 (Everyone Welcome)

airborne

Honorary Master
Has anyone gone through checkout and had the payment page show as failed and the order page still showing as unpaid hours later but the money has come off your bank account?

What's the best way to contact TAL considering the order used a voucher and they may do some digging?
Could the order eventually show as paid, just a system slow down?

Last edited:

RanzB

Honorary Master
Has anyone checkout and had the payment page show as failed and the order page still showing as unpaid hours later but the money has come off your bank account?

What's the best way to contact TAL considering the order used a voucher and they may do some digging?
Payments were definitely going through slower yesterday but all went through eventually.

You could wait until your other packages are delivered if they're coming soon.

airborne

Honorary Master
Payments were definitely going through slower yesterday but all went through eventually.

You could wait until your other packages are delivered if they're coming soon.
Only problem is if I wait for the other order to be delivered this unpaid order will be cancelled by then because one of the items in the earlier order is a 3-5 days delivery/3rd party seller.

RanzB

Honorary Master
Only problem is if I wait for the other order to be delivered this unpaid order will be cancelled by then because one of the items in the earlier order is a 3-5 days delivery/3rd party seller.

Depends on how many you have coming. It might be worth it to let one go in case they pick up activity on the others.

Totempole

Expert Member
Has anyone gone through checkout and had the payment page show as failed and the order page still showing as unpaid hours later but the money has come off your bank account?

Was this a card payment? If so, check if the funds have actually come off or are not just perhaps "reserved" or "pending" on your account.

If it's the latter, I would attempt to pay again and monitor the situation closely. Chances are, they will only take the money the money from the second payment, and in a few days the first payment will be refunded back to your bank balance.

airborne

Honorary Master
Was this a card payment? If so, check if the funds have actually come off or are not just perhaps "reserved" or "pending" on your account.

If it's the latter, I would attempt to pay again and monitor the situation closely. Chances are, they will only take the money the money from the second payment, and in a few days the first payment will be refunded back to your bank balance.
Yes, it is still pending so I was thinking of just doing it again and watch to make sure the 1st payment doesn't go through.

Last edited:

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Takealot really need to introduce a feature to contact the sellers of items directly. It will make communication easier. I don't understand why they don't allow this since most other marketplaces do.

Totempole

Expert Member
Takealot really need to introduce a feature to contact the sellers of items directly. It will make communication easier. I don't understand why they don't allow this since most other marketplaces do.

Because the functionality behind ensuring that the marketplace seller doesn't attempt to redirect the customer to their own stores for a discount is too much effort to police.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Because the functionality behind ensuring that the marketplace seller doesn't attempt to redirect the customer to their own stores for a discount is too much effort to police.

I get that but maybe to be fair to them, they could screen messages for keywords. I know some freelance websites like Upwork do that to prevent people from taking work outside their platform.

spacedman

Did you receive one
Yeah came in around 11:08. Not all of my new accounts received one though, so maybe it depends on when the account was created or something? Or maybe more coming later :p