2021 Online Cloud Conference Vodacom Business - Win R5,000 cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elouise

MyBroadband Staff
Staff member
Company Rep
The 2021 Online Cloud Conference begins today, and MyBroadband is promoting its video interviews with Garith Peck, the Executive Head of Security: Cloud, Hosting & Security, Business Solutions – Vodacom Business, and Sasidhar Parvathaneni, Executive Head of Department: AWS Cloud Services – Vodacom Business. You can win R5,000 cash.

To enter:

Click on the interview links below:.
Let us know what you found interesting about each interview.

Two entries per member (one for each video).

Voucher code: Vodacom2021

The giveaway will end tomorrow, 22 September 2021 and standard competition rules apply.

Tankiouse

Garith Peck's interview, I found it interesting that the usage of cloud computing is actually the leasing of IT assets.
Sasidhar Parvathanenis interview, what I found interesting is that Vodacom partners with AWS, Azure, and Hauwei for the cloud offerings.

Neo MABENA

For data speed in 2021 what is the improvement. And also for limits for people who supposedly be working but they use the internet for other reasons how can we put a time limit

MashigoHerold

The 2021 Online Cloud Conference begins today, and MyBroadband is promoting its video interviews with Garith Peck, the Executive Head of Security: Cloud, Hosting & Security, Business Solutions – Vodacom Business, and Sasidhar Parvathaneni, Executive Head of Department: AWS Cloud Services – Vodacom Business. You can win R5,000 cash.

To enter:

Click on the interview links below:.
Let us know what you found interesting about each interview.

Two entries per member (one for each video).

Voucher code: Vodacom2021

The giveaway will end tomorrow, 22 September 2021 and standard competition rules apply.
What I found interesting in Garith’s presentation was the fact that security is one of the most important aspects of Cloud Computing, and there is a shortage of security expertise globally which could be assisted by using Ai. In terms of Sasidhar’s presentation, I found Vodacom’s Migtration Accelerator very interesting, and beneficial in terms of the agile approach to migration.

Bubbles02

In Garith Peck's interview, I quite liked his analogy of the layered security approach to that of our homes in SA!

Last edited:

Xyler

Garith Peck
Security awareness... Educate all employees about security.

randomcat

Expert Member
Simple errors can cause massive damage. Educate your employees about security - Garith Peck

Last edited:

twr

Expert Member
Garith Peck interview
What I found interesting cloud of security ,there has been a barrage of security breaches in the last few months in SA. A big challenge from IT perspective,they(employees) are worried about any data leaks or cyber attacks .
A security culture is important, it needs to shared into an organisation.
90 percentage of cyber attacks are cause by human behaviour

twr

Expert Member
Sasidhar Parvathaneni interview
What I found interesting is they embarked on the iCloud stragedy 5 years ago.
They working with Microsoft, bringing edge computing to Africa
Cloud management tools for the future is getting complicated,private clouds is important and hybrid clouds operate in public and private

randomcat

Expert Member
To have experience and knowledge about legacy systems is required to call yourself a cloud professional.

ErnestLukheli

Sasidhar Parvathaneni

Plan and insight on migrating those that are using applications that are built 15 years ago.

Which would require experts that understand legacy infrastructure. so the Vodacom could acceleration suite can assist these organizations with migrating loads of data to the cloud.

Last edited:
Garith Peck interview was great has he focused on security and making sure that their users data is protected over the cloud which is very important. Nice business startegy hence it focus on securing your customers data. I learned alot there. Please promote and keep on educating the less aware when it comes to technology. People get scammed so educating them would be way to benefial for all. Nice way of using AI for protection
Sasidhar Parvathaneni Provided great insight and things to be learned like Virtualization. Thanks for all the insights they provide a great guidance to my journey of the cloud

KamoheloM

Sasidhar Parvathaneni,

The amount of investment Vodacom has made on upskilling its staff shows how serious they are about their Clients.
Also looking into Legacy Systems vs Cloud adaptation. The companies needs to be careful when deciding on investing in their infrastructure as many struggle to part with the investments they have made in their Legacy Systems. Planning for the future, asking the Vendors what their future looks like regarding the technology they selling is key. This is what stood out for me in the presentation

lexor

Expert Member
Garith Peck

Security must have a layered approach. He uses the example of securing your house with : alarm,gates,fences..... and who has the key for these layers ?

So true in this environment.

Sashus

Sasidhar Parvathaneni,

Planning for the future regarding the technology they selling is key. This is what stood out for me.

Sashus

Garith Peck
A security culture is important! 90 % of attacks are cause by human behavior

lexor

Expert Member
Sasidhar Parvathaneni

Q : Is cloud adoption easy , what are the challenges ? .

A : Companies are scared to take the step for fear of failure ...

This is true because top brass are not always up to date with the latest technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.