2021 Online Cloud Conference Vodacom Business - Win R5,000 cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles02

In Sasidhar Parvathaneni's interview, I quite liked when he mentioned that a person with any cloud skills is expected to have an understanding of legacy infrastructure and virtualization technologies before being able to call yourself a cloud professional. I think this is very key.

Enigmata

Sasidhar Parvathaneni - Vodacom Business​

Vodacom's cloud strategy - "our primary strategy over the last few years, has been to evolve into a Techco, A technology company from being a Telco"

Enigmata

Garith Peck - Vodacom Business​

Incompatibilities - IT tools that are architected for the legacy on-premises environments that create management and security shortfalls.

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Garith Peck

Hardware expenditure is perhaps a moot point if staff education and cybersecurity sensibility does not go hand-in-hand with the new technology purchases.

Sug

Garith Peck
Alot of scary stuff but great awareness into to the Challenges of Cloud security, or security in general. I liked that he mentioned there is no silver bullet to combat attacks and highlighted the importance of educating employees on cyber security.

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Aki : Cybersesurity

Gareth pick : The number one trend we are seeing blaring in our faces are these targeted ransomware attacks

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Sasidhar : The important aspect as I said is basically continuous modernization, making sure you automation in place and you have robust methodologies.

Esbendzn

Sasidhar Parvathaneni
When it comes to cloud, the ability to store data at any scale is a given!

TheJman

Expert Member

Garith Peck - using public Cloud serivce has a big risk from the fact that there is a lack of control. The company is effectively renting IT Services. Cloud computing also has a lack of visibility - so they are a types of Shadow IT that appear outside of control of company's security policies​

TheJman

Expert Member

Sasidhar Parvathaneni​

The foundational pillars for Cloud computing was virtualization. It's not just about server virtualization anymore - there is storage virtualization, network virtualization, desktop virtualization and the latest is data virtualization. Data processing units is going to be a game changer.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Aki interviews Gareth Peck

A point with which I strongly associated and deemed utmost important is to practice a cybersecurity culture. It is correct to state that security isn't an IT problem, but an organisational problem. Organisations need to work towards a security mindset, user education and security awareness campaigns are essential. This is now more emphasised with users being decentralised, open to more uncontained vulnerabilities which may arise given the pandemic circumstances.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Aki interviews Sasidhar Parvathaneni

To be honest... I was intrigued by things and I disagreed with some things, but I believe it is how Vodacom approach cloud services. I do agree with Parvathaneni's view on cloud management, that it is more than managing hosted assets, but to 1) manage costs and 2) managing the metrics. Yes, automation is important.

oldhat

Expert Member
"...the security around cloud is focussed around the identity..."

Gazbal

Expert Member
Garith Peck
The pros and cons of cyber insurance. Can be a target as criminals know that insurance will cover ransom.

Status
Not open for further replies.