2021 Rugby Championship (and Bledisloe)

GrootVoet

Labour was anyone.

Correct
7b75ef48ab658cc711150c138c9c316d.jpg
You must be joking. Check you calendar, not near 1st of April.

GrootVoet

Absolutely gutted.

It's like you know we going to lose but then the boks give you a little glimmer of hope and then just takes it away. It hurts more that an overwhelming loss.

The only worse thing than the missed tackles and discipline from the boks was New Zealand's handling.

We lost. The record books does not record the Boks played well.

As much as I dislike the Aussies and AB's they got better BMT than we do.

cavedog

Honorary Master
We lost. The record books does not record the Boks played well.

As much as I dislike the Aussies and AB's they got better BMT than we do.

I'm well aware we lost. I definitely did not imply they played well.

At the end of the day we lost and it's the 3rd loss in a row and that is a losing streak so yeah we are on our way down and it's bad.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm so frustrated with the people that says this was a good game.

NZ was really bad but still managed to get the win. When the boks is bad they always lose.

Last edited:

GrootVoet

No I'm not. But you're more than welcome to disagree.
Well I am disagreeing.

One day he will only be remember as the first black springbok captain and not for his playing abilities. His biggest problem is not being picked at inside center.

GrootVoet

NZ was really bad but still managed to get the win. When the boks is bad they ways lose.

After we won the series against the Lions I was hopeful but to be honest the 2021 Lions was not the greatest. Then we won 2 games against the Pumas, lost 2 games a Wallaby team that got hammered by the AB's and today we lost against a underperforming AB team that even on their off day pulled it off against the world champions.

stefan9

Executive Member
Losing by 1 point or 20 same difference, it's still a loss.

Kicking away the ball in the oppositions 22 is criminal and we did it twice, actually 3 times but the all blacks screwed up a simple catch and gave us a try.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Australia playing well. If they smash Argentina here they will to 2nd position in the log not that it really matters since NZ already won it but means SA can fall to 3rd place.

Not really a good look for us at all.

modern10

Expert Member
Well I am disagreeing.

One day he will only be remember as the first black springbok captain and not for his playing abilities. His biggest problem is not being picked at inside center.
Why do you feel the need to bring race into it?

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Faaaaaark, backs lost us that game ...... There was a smidgen of stepping up from some players but I'm deadset on certain players and that amateur coach being shown the door man. Too much talent in that team to be playing like this. Something is vrot and it's starts with N and ends with ienaber :cautious:

Cray

Honorary Master
Why do you feel the need to bring race into it?
Because the fair weather people that where singing the praises of players of colour during the world cup are always the first to cry "quota player" when results don't go our way..

Aluroth

Also think Siya had an immense game. Handre is in quite bad form. Herschel Jantjies can't perform under pressure at all. I remember his quick tap against the B&I Lions that almost cost us the game. We should really let our backs run the ball more in their quarter.

SAguy

Executive Member

NZ was really bad but still managed to get the win. When the boks is bad they always lose.
You gotta ask why ABs played badly.. they played badly because of our playing style and the pressure we put them under. Even their captain mentioned it in post game interview.

They didn't just have a bad game because they got up on the wrong side of the bed. We weren't good enough to beat them, but we were good enough to make it extremely difficult for them to play their normal kind of rugby.

cavedog

Honorary Master
You gotta ask why ABs played badly.. they played badly because of our playing style and the pressure we put them under. Even their captain mentioned it in post game interview.

They didn't just have a bad game because they got up on the wrong side of the bed. We weren't good enough to beat them, but we were good enough to make it extremely difficult for them to play their normal kind of rugby.

The thing with that statement is it can go both ways.

Did we lose against Australia because they were just better than us? They put pressure on us and we made mistakes. We can't go back to the drawing board and start saying Aus played well. You go back and say damn it we really played poorly.

Arthur

Honorary Master
The thing with that statement is it can go both ways.

Did we lose against Australia because they were just better than us? They put pressure on us and we made mistakes. We can't go back to the drawing board and start saying Aus played well. You go back and say damn it we really played poorly.
Fair point. But just bear in mind the above is not a generalised statement applicable to any and every game - it's based on an analysis of this particular game. Last week's was different.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a rugby commentator who doesn't believe the Boks (or are they now the BoxKickers?) did a masterful job of disrupting the AB's game. What we didn't have is the verve and tactical flexibility to capitalise on the opposition's atrocious ball-handling, and to press home the advantage when the opposition was exposed.

Last edited: