2021 salaries of South African ministers and members of parliament revealed

Representatives of the poorest of the poor...the struggle continues.

I'd like to know how many of each position are there?

100 * Ministers @ R2.402 million = RRR million
200 * Deputy Ministers @ R1.978 million = RRR million
400 * Assistant Deputy Ministers @ R1.478 million = RRR million
800 * Junior Assistant Deputy Ministers @ R1.178 million = RRR million
etc
Also what was the % increase 2020 -> 2021

EDIT:
28 * Ministers @ R2.402 million = R67.26m
31 * Deputy Ministers @ R1.978 million = R61.318
61 * Members of parliament
700 * bankrupt State owned enterprises with 700 * CEO, 700 * CIO, 700 * CFO, 700 * porkers

etc

Last edited:
I am glad that they set an example of not granting increases. This is the second year in a row isn't it?

Compared the private sector these salaries are on the low side. Glad they are not going bananas.

Its amazing how people "earning" that much money still feel the need to steal more.
Its not like they do anything meaningful at the best of times so I fail to understand how that money is justified.

No province or department is safe from this scourge. Is it possible to make their remuneration performance related (month-to-month)? Oh well, I'm allowed to dream

No province or department is safe from this scourge. Is it possible to make their remuneration performance related (month-to-month)? Oh well, I'm allowed to dream
Probably could.........but it would probably be twisted and crooked so that they miraculously get their performance bonus every year.

I know I will probably get some flack, but I'd say the salaries of some of these are actually low compared to the CEO's of private companies. What does worry me is the unrestricted employment of ministerial 'advisors' by ministers... these people get between 1m and 2m each, some Ministers have surrounded themselves with MANY 'advisors' (10+). If you want to save a LOT of money, cap the number of advisors a minister is allowed to have to say 2-3.

Back