2021 Salary increase / bonus

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
No increase for me because I am considered to be "above the band". I had a good number of above average merit appraisals in the past and subsequent above average increases. Seems that me working hard bit me in the ass in the end, because I now am at a salary ceiling until I go on pension.
More money earlier. Stick it in your RA/TFSA/inevestments/whatever and make the most of the time. Maybe use your current rate to negotiate for a new job.

Well that's life though.... Just starting to get annoyed with this... This will be the 2nd time in 4 years I will be involved in a retrenchment where the company closed down completely...
Seems like I am drawn by companies that is in trouble...lol
Note to self: Don't hire this guy :laugh:

GhostSixFour

Username approved by US Airforce
One of my friends works for an online gaming house and they were granted Monthly salary X performance score (out of 5).
So eg.: R50k x 3.5...
I shed a tear hearing that...

Derivco?

MaisonP

7% increase, 13th cheque in March (retention bonus), annual bonus in beginning of December

dj_jyno

Expert Member
2020 - 0%, but kept my full salary throughout.
2021 - CPI + x% across the board, based on performance. I received 20%.

Unless the company is doing exceptionally well, there are no bonuses, which is perfect if that means everyone can keep their job.

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
hours worked increased by ~40% per week

2020 - 0% increase
2021 - 3% increase

ultimately with electricity/fuel/insurance/food/services increases in past 3 years I've moved backwards.

fun times

Nemus

Expert Member
2020 - 0%, but kept my full salary throughout.
2021 - CPI + x% across the board, based on performance. I received 20%.

Unless the company is doing exceptionally well, there are no bonuses, which is perfect if that means everyone can keep their job.
20% is a generous increase

cerebus

Honorary Master
I got a job offer yesterday that I'm probably going to accept. It's a little over 40% increase but the net difference will be closer to 50% with my tax situation. I'm pretty happy about this because things were getting to feel tight with cost of living increases and my oldest boy starting high school.

Tman543

2020 - 0%
2021 - 6% also based on performance metrics

No Bonus for 19/20 FY
Bonus for 20/21 FY

Anti-Chris

More money earlier. Stick it in your RA/TFSA/inevestments/whatever and make the most of the time. Maybe use your current rate to negotiate for a new job.

Note to self: Don't hire this guy :laugh:
Lmao... Well I am starting to think the same...
Joined company A in 2007 and left to join Company B in 2015...
3 months after leaving Company A they retrenched alot of people and I would have been retrenched (looking at the selection criteria used) have I not left...
Company B closed down in September 2017 and the MD of Company B then joined Company C and when a position opened up he called me to apply...
Joined Company C in December 2017 and we went through retrenchment in December last year, luckily I was saved but now it seems a done deal that we will close down soon...

Maybe companies should start paying me a monthly fee to not apply for any positions they have available...lol

3WA

Honorary Master
Below inflation increase at beginning of year (don’t remember exact value). No bonus, never had a bonus.

Waiting to hear what's coming up for Jan 2022. Still not finalised.

geezer

Expert Member
I am 721 days away from going on pension, no one will hire an outoppie like me at this stage.:cautious: