2021 Salary increase / bonus

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
I got a job offer yesterday that I'm probably going to accept. It's a little over 40% increase but the net difference will be closer to 50% with my tax situation. I'm pretty happy about this because things were getting to feel tight with cost of living increases and my oldest boy starting high school.
what field?

Meister-Man

Expert Member
2020 zero increase.
2021 standard 5% increase, plus 2% above this, as I've being given some additional work.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
No increase or bonus for almost 2 years.

Time to update that CV.

Matt91

Expert Member
No increase and no bonus since start of 2020. We did get a R5k "thank-you" in Dec '20 which after tax was like R3k, so better than a kick in the nuts I suppose.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
A bit sad this year. 0.5% increase and bonus equivalent to half a month's salary. But then, I'd only been with the company 4 months, and at the time of my review I was on probation and the company rules say that people on probation cannot be scored higher than 3/5 (meets expectations) for annual reviews. Without that constraint I would have been a 4 or 4.5
Hoping for a job offer in the next few weeks though, either from an outside company or for an internal promotion, both of which should come with a nice bump (like 20-30%)

CUZ_458

To the guys who dont get any bonus. Do you work standard 8-5 jobs ? Ive been getting a bonus every year for the last 8 years but i just see it as remuneration for the work that i have to do at night or on weekends . d

maumau

Honorary Master
Similar to a few people I.e. received 50% of my salary for 3 months early 2020, then received 75% and been stuck there ever since. No bonuses.

Still, happy to have a job but getting sick of saying that because I'm actually angry at the arsehole who runs (inherited) the company for buying himself a R1M car and decided to become a property mogul during the fat years instead of saving for the lean. Bottom line is staff are paying for him to live the good life.

Economic recession hit in 2017 and that year, 2018 and 2019 we got 6% increases so, yeah, going backwards really quickly :mad:

Last edited:

surface

Honorary Master
To the guys who dont get any bonus. Do you work standard 8-5 jobs ? Ive been getting a bonus every year for the last 8 years but i just see it as remuneration for the work that i have to do at night or on weekends . d
Contractors very rarely get bonus. Weekend work is usually adjusted with time off.

AdrianH

Expert Member
No bonus for me as I contract to my SA employer from UK. I did manage to get annual leave though, so that is a bonus I suppose.

46Female

Expert Member
I wonder if Media24 will give the remaining staff an increase this year after they retrenched 600 people last year