2022 Honda Civic (11th Gen)

TheChamp

Honorary Master
In what world does that look like a hatch? Looks like a grand tourer or station wagon of sorts. The flat front and the raised back are just not in harmony.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Honda reveals sleek new Civic hatchback

Honda has pulled the covers off its new-generation Civic hatchback, following the reveal of the sedan version earlier this year. While it’s not yet certain whether the new Honda Civic hatchback will make it to South Africa, we are likely to see the new, and yet to be revealed, Type R.

Distinguishing the new Civic hatchback from its more conservative sedan sibling is a distinctive mesh grille design, and unique taillights that span the width of the hatch, while the vehicle’s sloping roofline takes inspiration from European ‘sportbacks’, Honda says.

Beneath the skin is an enhanced structure, where torsional rigidity has been improved by 19 percent, and Honda says that noise, vibration and harshness levels have been reduced too.

Honda mentions two petrol engine options, depending on the market, and a hybrid is expected to join the line-up at a later stage. For now buyers can choose between a normally aspirated 2-litre engine that produces 118 kW and an uprated 1,5-litre turbopetrol that’s good for 134 kW.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
New 2022 Honda Civic hatchback goes hybrid-only

Eleventh-generation Civic shown in hatchback guise ahead of a European launch next year

Honda has revealed the first official images of its new Civic hatchback, which will go on sale in Europe in autumn 2022.

Like the new HR-V and Jazz, the Civic will be a hybrid-only proposition for its next generation, using the same e:HEV petrol-electric set-up as its supermini and SUV siblings.

The e:HEV system pairs a 1.5-litre Atkinson cycle petrol engine with a pair of electric motors, producing 108bhp in the Jazz and 129bhp in the HR-V. In hybrid mode, the petrol engine is used to generate power for the electric motor, reconnecting to the drive wheels via a single-speed gearbox under higher loads.

The larger CR-V SUV comes with a bigger 143bhp 2.0-litre petrol engine as part of its e:HEV system, but it is not yet confirmed which variations of the powertrain will be rolled out to Honda's Ford Focus rival.

The Civic is the final model in Honda's European portfolio to go hybrid-only, in line with its objective to electrify all mainstream passenger cars by the end of next year.

While the new Civic's European launch is still more than a year away, Honda is already gearing up to wind down production of the current car ahead of its departure from its Swindon factory in July. It is thought the new-generation model, and potentially remaining examples of the current car, will be supplied by one of Honda's North American facilities.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
This Is The 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback And Yes It Comes With A Stick Shift

If you were disappointed by the sedan's lack of a manual transmission, fear not. The hatch is here.

The 2022 Honda Civic sedan looks like a solid improvement over its predecessor, except there’s one problem: The manual transmission is gone, leaving only a continuously variable transmission. But fear not, 11th-gen Civic shoppers, there is a hatchback, and that one gets the stick. Here’s a first look.

A few weeks ago, Honda invited me to a studio to take photos of the new Civic hatch next to its sedan sibling. Overall, I’ll say I liked the new five-door’s look, especially in the Boost Blue Pearl color typically found on the current-generation Civic Type R.

In its press release, Honda’s pushing the Civic hatchback as a sportier model than the sedan, mentioning the “distinctive grille mesh with a slight concave shape,” unique taillight design, 4.9-inch shorter rear overhang, and wide center high mounted stop lamp (CHMSL). Here’s a look at that for all of you CHMSL enthusiasts:

Engine options are a 2.0-liter naturally aspirated four cylinder making 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft and a 1.5-liter turbo pumping out 180 HP and 177 lb-ft. Both engines offer the stick option, with the 2.0 stick being the Sport trim and the 1.5-liter vehicle with the manual transmission being the Sport Touring.

Civic 1.JPG Civic 2.JPG Civic 3.JPG Civic 4.JPG Civic 5.JPG Civic 6.JPG Civic 7.JPG Civic 8.JPG Civic 9.JPG Civic 10.JPG

Chun_li

I personally prefer the sedan (which is the one I'm guessing we'll get here)
From the reviews I've watched there's a lot going for it. It's a cheaper Accord and seeing that we don't get that here I think it would be a nice addition to the Honda range provided it's priced right. The current gen is over priced in my opinion

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Honda's new and improved 'millennial' inspired Civic hatchback breaks cover

• A turbocharged 1.5-litre and naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre engine are the engine options.

• Features include a 9-inch colour touchscreen, Bose sound system and a 10.2-inch instrument display.

• The Civic is Honda's longest-running automotive nameplate.

The Civic is Honda's longest-running automotive nameplate, and they've added a brand-new model to the generational tree.

Though local specification remains unconfirmed at this point, the hatchback is offered with a turbocharged 1.5-litre that develops 134kW and 240Nm and a naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre engine good for 118kW and 187Nm. It can be paired to either a 3-Mode CVT or six-speed manual transmission.

According to Honda, it is the most technologically advanced model. Buyers can choose from a total of four trim levels - LX, Sport, EX-L and Sport Touring. LX, Sport, and EX-L trims come standard with a new 7-inch colour touchscreen, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration. The Sport Touring features a bigger 9-inch unit, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, and Qi-compatible wireless charging.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
The Factory Kit Options For The 2022 Honda Civic Look Great

The front skirt, 18-inch wheels, and rear spoiler look better than anything a teenager will come up with.

The 2022 Honda Civic hatchback was just revealed and we’re already getting a great look at the catalog of additional extras Honda has designed for it. The details of the kit options available for at least the first model year of the Civic hatchback were shared to Honda’s Japanese-language website, where it was then spotted early by Motor1.

Civic 1.jpeg Civic 2.jpeg Civic 3.jpeg Civic 4.jpeg Civic 5.jpeg Civic 6.jpeg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2022 Honda Civic Touring vs Honda Accord 1.5T // Drag & Roll Race - Extra Throttle House

The Voice

Honorary Master
Thank God they finally fixed the back. Previous gen civic looked the business from the front, instantly fell in love, and then I saw saw rear...

Sumen

Expert Member
The design of the "hatchback" (more like fastback) is much better than the sedan.

Not sure why the sedans rear lights are so fat when the rest of the car is Sharp and sleek.

ADR001

Hi All, will this 11th Gen come to SA? I really Hope. Honda SA a little lost IMHO. Driving the 10th Gen 120 000km and still drives new...but want to upgrade :)