2023 Israel-Hamas war: Horns of Jericho (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but in reality, can the kind just snap his fingers and have somebody hanged for saying Free Palestine?
no because he is just a toothless old man who is deeply unpopular, and the monarchy is a tourist attraction
No, but he can make them disappear off camera like CIA/Mossas/MIB black sight Guantanamo style. Why must the Prime Minister visit the King if he's just a tourist attraction?

It's hard to say, but what we see is geopolitics. I doubt Iran would want to upset the Russians and the Chinese by attacking their commercial partners. Besides, many Iranians live in the Middle East. It is still very unpredictable.

What I am watching is the two respective states, Israel and Turkey, throwing punches at each other. As we all know, Turkey is a NATO member, and there is active lobbying at reconsidering their membership. Such a move could uncouple Turkey with the EU too.
Turkey's stance on Israel has not done them well. They had already been removed from the F35 program. Now it seems the Eurofighters are also off the table as well.

Turkey's stance on Israel has not done them well. They had already been removed from the F35 program. Now it seems the Eurofighters are also off the table as well.

Turkey is going to proceed with their own domestically produced TAI "TF" Kaan, but it is only likely to go into production by 2030, perhaps earlier, but then they would need to rely on another engine. I am not clued-up on this development. This would still mean that they would need to plug 7-years. They could look to the French, or even the Russians. The US is still getting pushback on their non-Russian weapons policy, and there are still many nations who are looking at acquiring Sukhois. Turkey could also explore to acquire through India, or buy some other Asian nations stock.

Turkey is going to proceed with their own domestically produced TAI "TF" Kaan, but it is only likely to go into production by 2030, perhaps earlier, but then they would need to rely on another engine. I am not clued-up on this development. This would still mean that they would need to plug 7-years. They could look to the French, or even the Russians. The US is still getting pushback on their non-Russian weapons policy, and there are still many nations who are looking at acquiring Sukhois. Turkey could also explore to acquire through India, or buy some other Asian nations stock.
Engines have always been the Achilles heel in these programs. I think it was Egypt that once had their own fighter program, same problem.

Engines have always been the Achilles heel in these programs. I think it was Egypt that once had their own fighter program, same problem.

They already have prototypes using the General Electric F110. This could be put into production, but not at scale. Mass production is only expected until their own engine is ready, which is in cooperating with Rolls-Royce. The problem Turkey has is their relationship with the West, say this relationship is doomed, then they would need to explore other options.

I think Turkey is likely to rely on the Kaan, it will be unproven, but it is domestically made. Trust nowadays, even in alliances, is in short supply.

All I don't want to see is another big war. The world currently is not trying to avoid it.

only Israel Succeeded where others failed, and with a sweetheart agreement with the US,
Israel got F16's in return for abandoning its own fighter aircraft (lavi), although the rumors persist the Chinese decided to copy it to make their own.

No, but he can make them disappear off camera like CIA/Mossas/MIB black sight Guantanamo style. Why must the Prime Minister visit the King if he's just a tourist attraction?
I doubt it, the British monarch isn't like Murgarbage in Zimbabwe, that regularly kicks people off flights and arrests people for looking at him funny.

Netanyahu voices concern about Russia's 'anti-Israel position' with Putin​

We are receiving more reports from Benjamin Netanyahu's office this afternoon.

The Israeli leader spoke to Vladimir Putin today and voiced his displeasure with an "anti-Israel position" taken by Moscow's envoys at the UN.

An Israeli statement goes on to say that Mr Netanyahu also voiced "robust disapproval" of Russia's "dangerous" cooperation with Iran.

On Friday, Russia backed a UN Security Council resolution for a Gaza truce.

Following the US veto, Russia's deputy UN ambassador Dmitry Polyansky called the vote "one of the darkest days in the history of the Middle East".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back