20Mbps Fibre - Who is the best to go with currently

BBC

As per the title

Infrastructure is Balwin Fibre

Regards

BBC

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic

Its a very broad question, you will get one person say chose this ISP then another says no that ISP sucks chose this one.

But I can say that i vouch for Afrihost on vuma, the thing is if your infrastructure is kak then you are going to have kak and blame the ISP which most people do.

20/20meg for R817

@cavedog would you know if Balwin uses active ethernet?

Reactions: BBC

BBC

Its a very broad question, you will get one person say chose this ISP then another says no that ISP sucks chose this one.

But I can say that i vouch for Afrihost on vuma, the thing is if your infrastructure is kak then you are going to have kak and blame the ISP which most people do.

20/20meg for R817

Problem with Afrihost on this specific provider is that they are R118 more expensive than the competitors.
I have another property with them but doesn't make financial sense to stay with Afrihost

Nimz

Executive Member
Problem with Afrihost on this specific provider is that they are R118 more expensive than the competitors.
I have another property with them but doesn't make financial sense to stay with Afrihost

Lol i'm in the same boat, have 2 properties with Afrihost and have a third that needs fibre. Looking at going with Cool Ideas based on the forum support and pricing as you've mentioned.

If they are good enough I will move my other 2 as well.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

20/20meg for R817

It's GPON and in most cases can be a shared ONT too. New Balwin clients are almost always a migrate in as the ONT is installed by Balwin when the property is build

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Lol i'm in the same boat, have 2 properties with Afrihost and have a third that needs fibre. Looking at going with Cool Ideas based on the forum support and pricing as you've mentioned.

If they are good enough I will move my other 2 as well.

Moving away from us. :(

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I was going to ask this question as well as Fiber is finally being rolled out in Wellington.

The infrastructure is Frogfoot and I am currently on Afrihost.
Any horror stories regarding this combination?

SuperHero Sarah

Company Representative
Company Rep
Good Afternoon

You should consider RSAWEB when looking for an ISP with excellent customer service, we have a 4.4 google rating, not only do we ensure you get the speed you pay for, but it stays reliably fast – even during peak times.

Not to mention we won't break your bank account. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

BBC

Good Afternoon

You should consider RSAWEB when looking for an ISP with excellent customer service, we have a 4.4 google rating, not only do we ensure you get the speed you pay for, but it stays reliably fast – even during peak times.

Not to mention we won't break your bank account. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Your coverage map says not covered :ROFL:

BBC

Balwin Fibre not part of your coverage :facepalm

Guess you didn't get to the second line of the first post