21 MBS old modem beat the hell our of Vodacom 150MBS Wifi

Frankc

I am on the edge of Vodacom LTE coverage but 3g many kilometers around me and got a Vodacom 150Mbs Wifi today (deal say 40gb pm but actually only 20gb so another lie)

At first I got 50kbs - 79kbs but later improve to 200 kbs but my old 21mbs modem got over 700kbps (and sometimes up to 1200 kbps.

Don't help much the modems/routers are faster and faster but we still struggle with crap line speeds.

See attached imagerouter.gif

Last edited:

Frankc

Not really something to brag about

Your vehicle have a top speed of 150 kmph or even 300 kmph but you brag about going at 4 kmph?

Even the old dongle bicycle CAN do 21kmph (21 mbps)

Nardeth

Not really something to brag about

Your vehicle have a top speed of 150 kmph or even 300 kmph but you brag about going at 4 kmph?

Even the old dongle bicycle CAN do 21kmph (21 mbps)
:crylaugh:

Nardeth

please dude you going at 3.2 Kilometers per hour
OH NOO FOLKS look 3200 kilobits :crylaugh:

*NEWSFLASH* i am going at 4.2 MB/Second :D :crylaugh:
oh and you are going at 2.8 Kmph :crylaugh:

Last edited:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
please dude you going at 3.2 Kilometers per hour
OH NOO FOLKS look 3200 kilobits :crylaugh:

*NEWSFLASH* i am going at 4.2 MB/Second :D :crylaugh:
oh and you are going at 2.8 Kmph :crylaugh:
WOOOOOOSH!

Last edited:

Nardeth

I am on the edge of Vodacom LTE coverage but 3g many kilometers around me and got a Vodacom 150Mbs Wifi today (deal say 40gb pm but actually only 20gb so another lie)

At first I got 50kbs - 79kbs but later improve to 200 kbs but my old 21mbs modem got over 700mbs (and sometimes up t 1200 kbs.

See attached imageView attachment 521717
700 mbps on LTE or 3G ??? :crylaugh:

Frankc

The kmph was as a comparative example but clearly I overestimated the intellegence of some members.

Zuner

Expert Member
The kmph was as a comparative example but clearly I overestimated the intellegence of some members.
^This, what a bunch of useless chops.

OP what are the models of the 2 devices??

Zuner

Expert Member
Don't know about the dongle but it's a Vodafone R218h Wifi

During the night could reach up to 1.1mb/s but all morning it's as slow as crap with both 3g and HSDPA
Can't really fins specs for it, but i would assume it supports all/most of vodacoms 3g and 4g frequencies.

Can you change the APN, maybe the dongle uses a different APN?

Also, are you connecting via wifi with the slow speeds? maybe try connect a usb cable directly to the wifi unit and to the pc, my mifi device creates a usb network connection when i connect it like that and allows me to still use it without wifi.

Last edited:

Frankc

I am pretty sure the problem is just Vodocom that, instead than expand their network if they say reach a 1/1000 tower/client ratio, rather keep the money and allow overcrowding and congesion maybe in the region of 1/100000000000.

For years seldom get problem witht he Telkom network (both wifi and dongle or phone) but during the day the Vodacom network is just crab and almost impossible to work with. (Would for example wait and wait minutes, several times, for this page to load, but this time it come up like normal)

Frankc

I actually want similar 40gb + router contract from Telkom as there is a tower very nearby, but they declined it for some reason (I think because my credit scrore is just blank, I have no retail or other account whatsoever)

Spend ten thousands on TELKOM prepaid data for many many years so surely that should count for something but well, not the sharpest pencil in the box that guys so now I all my money go to Vodacom-with-the-crab-service (Until I cancel it within the CPA allowed time)