22seven By Old Mutual [Not To Sure]

TheAssister

Hi does any one use 22seven by old mutual?

Any opionion on the application, is it safe?

As i see it with like you banking details to log in your account

Below is the link to the Application/Website

https://www.22seven.com

Please do let me know your opinions :)

RiazK

Yeah I use it. Been using it for several years now. Haven't had any issues. It is safe. Useful for keeping track of all your investments/accounts.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Been using it for years. I created a read only user on my fnb profile for it

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Hi does any one use 22seven by old mutual?

Any opionion on the application, is it safe?

As i see it with like you banking details to log in your account

Below is the link to the Application/Website

https://www.22seven.com

Please do let me know your opinions :)
Yes, I have been using them for years. But there was issues initially, because they weren't backed by Old Mutual back then. But I haven't had any incident because of it.

Praemon

Expert Member
They seem safe enough, in that it's highly unlikely that they'll do anything nefarious with your data, HOWEVER, it's important to note that you're breaching your bank's Terms and Conditions by giving away your login details to a 3rd-party. If ever they were hacked or compromised, and a transaction went off (although the OTP process would have to be completed), you would be liable for any losses rather than your bank covering you.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Does the job but the constant login notifications from your bank might get irritating after a while. Most bank apps have a budget feature build in now like Capitec and FNB etc. For the rest I prefer a Google Sheet.

TheAssister

They seem safe enough, in that it's highly unlikely that they'll do anything nefarious with your data, HOWEVER, it's important to note that you're breaching your bank's Terms and Conditions by giving away your login details to a 3rd-party. If ever they were hacked or compromised, and a transaction went off (although the OTP process would have to be completed), you would be liable for any losses rather than your bank covering you.
Doesn't seem like it worth the risk

C4Cat

Executive Member
I've been using them about 5 years, no problems

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Tried it once the the same week somebody hacked into my internet banking profile

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Been using them for a while now. No issues.

You should make a read only online profile and use those details on 22Seven.

L-Dog

Used it a couple of years back, only frustrating thing was the fact that I move money between cards and accounts and it throws the system off. Not sure if this has been rectified but pretty decent app.

Speedster

Executive Member
Used it a couple of years back, only frustrating thing was the fact that I move money between cards and accounts and it throws the system off. Not sure if this has been rectified but pretty decent app.
Simply mark those as "transfers" and then the app basically ignores them

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
FNB allows login profiles that can only view the accounts, but not make any transactions
Was going to mention this. :p
FNB only I think, Standard bank there is a thread requesting read only but nothing's happened there since 2015: https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/General-banking/Separate-logins-for-Internet-Banking-read-only-account/td-p/978
Don't think Capitec has a read only account option either.

I've been using 22Seven since Oct 2017, quite useful for budgeting and have twice managed to pick up on transactions that shouldn't have happened (where people tried to set off a debit order) and a case of an increase that wasn't communicated to me. The latter is probably the most useful feature, don't have to individually check every transaction and compare that it's the right amount as it must match the budgeted amount.
Simply mark those as "transfers" and then the app basically ignores them
Above fixed it for me as well, another thing I was going to mention. :p

HunterNW

Executive Member
Interesting. My brother is one of the guys working on this app.

Bobbin

Executive Member
As far as I know you can't use the read-only profile for investment/trading accounts on FNB though. That's the only drawback. Other than that I've also been using 22seven for years.