22seven By Old Mutual [Not To Sure]

The Svens

Hi does any one use 22seven by old mutual?

Any opionion on the application, is it safe?

As i see it with like you banking details to log in your account

Below is the link to the Application/Website

https://www.22seven.com

Please do let me know your opinions :)
Hi there,

Thanks for the question!

22seven launched back in 2012 and we were acquired by Old Mutual in 2013. Over 180 000 South Africans currently use the app. We haven't had any security incidents since launch, as we go to great lengths to ensure we protect the info we do collect.

22seven is read-only, so we're unable to transact on any of your accounts. Your actual login credentials are encrypted and are never seen by human eyes. They're stored by our data partner, Yodlee. They're the biggest and the best at what they do. They're used by over 50 million people and over 300 financial institutions worldwide, including 7 of the top 10 financial institutions in the US. In South Africa, they're used by the likes of Nedbank and Investec. Yodlee hold patents in information security and are regulated like a bank in the US. Security is their business. If you're interested, you can learn more about their security here.

Additionally, for your peace is mind, 22seven is insured by Beazley. If your information is compromised (which we never expect to happen) and you lose money as a result, we’re covered and will refund you. You can read more about our security and how we’re insured over on the Security page on our website.

We're also audited on a regular basis to ensure our systems remain water tight.

Finally, you may be interested in having a read over our Privacy Policy. It confirms that your info belongs to you, and we'll never sell it or use it to spam you :)

Give us a shout if you have any other questions! You can reach us via thesvens@22seven.com, via live chat on our website/mobile apps, or on social media :)

- The Svens (22seven's support team)

The Svens

They seem safe enough, in that it's highly unlikely that they'll do anything nefarious with your data, HOWEVER, it's important to note that you're breaching your bank's Terms and Conditions by giving away your login details to a 3rd-party. If ever they were hacked or compromised, and a transaction went off (although the OTP process would have to be completed), you would be liable for any losses rather than your bank covering you.
Hi!

You may be interested to know that 22seven is insured by Beazley. In the extremely unlikely event that you were to lose money as a result of using 22seven, we're covered and will refund you instead of you having to rely on your bank to do that ;)

You can read more over on the Security section of our site: https://22seven.com/security

t_girl

Been using 22seven since 2012 and I've never had any security issues. The Svens are always super helpful and quick to resolve any technical issues, like accounts not syncing or something. Very happy with the service.

The Svens

Tried it once the the same week somebody hacked into my internet banking profile
Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear that!

The hack definitely wouldn't be the result of using 22seven. We currently have over 180 000 customers using the app, so we can assure you we aren't out to steal anyone's money or data :)

Was any money taken from your account(s), or did you receive a login notification from your bank that you weren't expecting? 22seven has a feature called Automatic Account Updates, which is activated when you sign up. Occasionally, customers miss the notifications we send them when the feature is turned on, and before we run the first update. When this feature is active, we'll log into a customer's linked accounts once per day to ensure their data is always up-to-date when they open the app. This will of course trigger login notifications if you receive those from your bank.

If you have any other questions, feel free to get in touch with us on thesvens@22seven.com, or via live chat on our website/mobile apps. You can also ping us on social media :)

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear that!

The hack definitely wouldn't be the result of using 22seven. We currently have over 180 000 customers using the app, so we can assure you we aren't out to steal anyone's money or data :)

Was any money taken from your account(s), or did you receive a login notification from your bank that you weren't expecting? 22seven has a feature called Automatic Account Updates, which is activated when you sign up. Occasionally, customers miss the notifications we send them when the feature is turned on, and before we run the first update. When this feature is active, we'll log into a customer's linked accounts once per day to ensure their data is always up-to-date when they open the app. This will of course trigger login notifications if you receive those from your bank.

If you have any other questions, feel free to get in touch with us on thesvens@22seven.com, or via live chat on our website/mobile apps. You can also ping us on social media :)

I received a notification that somebody logged into my account which definitely wasn't me.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Hi there,

Thanks for the question!

22seven launched back in 2012 and we were acquired by Old Mutual in 2013. Over 180 000 South Africans currently use the app. We haven't had any security incidents since launch, as we go to great lengths to ensure we protect the info we do collect.

22seven is read-only, so we're unable to transact on any of your accounts. Your actual login credentials are encrypted and are never seen by human eyes. They're stored by our data partner, Yodlee. They're the biggest and the best at what they do. They're used by over 50 million people and over 300 financial institutions worldwide, including 7 of the top 10 financial institutions in the US. In South Africa, they're used by the likes of Nedbank and Investec. Yodlee hold patents in information security and are regulated like a bank in the US. Security is their business. If you're interested, you can learn more about their security here.

Additionally, for your peace is mind, 22seven is insured by Beazley. If your information is compromised (which we never expect to happen) and you lose money as a result, we’re covered and will refund you. You can read more about our security and how we’re insured over on the Security page on our website.

We're also audited on a regular basis to ensure our systems remain water tight.

Finally, you may be interested in having a read over our Privacy Policy. It confirms that your info belongs to you, and we'll never sell it or use it to spam you :)

Give us a shout if you have any other questions! You can reach us via thesvens@22seven.com, via live chat on our website/mobile apps, or on social media :)

Hey The Svens,

Any idea yet when the issue with Alexander Forbes are going to be resolved? I saw on your website that it was because they changed the way they log in, but it now forces me to log into another app if I just want to see a summary.

HunterNW

Executive Member
I tried the app - doesn't work if your internet banking language is set to Afrikaans. :X3:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Weird. Haven't tried it again. Will see this aftrnoon and reply back.
If you newly created a profile for it to use then it's probably a case of needing to log into that profile once to accept the pop-ups etc.

jman

Expert Member
I love 22seven. What I would like to see though is some things like:
- How close you are to financial independence (Current investments/300)/monthly spending
- Other things that I can't think of right now..

TheAssister

I started using it but I'm a little disappointed a few investment companies are not added

Fedgroup
Altcointrader
TroyGold
OutVest
27Four

And a few others.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I received a notification that somebody logged into my account which definitely wasn't me.
That's perfectly normal as 22Seven needs to sync the data somehow...happens every morning.

It's not a "hack" if you volunteered the login information. It's also nothing to be alarmed about if nothing was done with said login.

As was said earlier a read-only account gives you peace of mind.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I love 22seven. What I would like to see though is some things like:
- How close you are to financial independence (Current investments/300)/monthly spending
- Other things that I can't think of right now..
Well that's kind of the point of the net value on the main page.

Ultimately you want to hit the break even first so the - becomes a + and then you need to build that +.

I guess they could do some sort of calculation based on your spending habits when your positive is enough to no longer need a salary and do some projections for you.