259km/h driver 'surrenders'

RompelStompel

Hope they take away his license and throw him in jail :)

Johannesburg - A 32-year-old man handed himself in to police on Monday after he was caught driving at 259km/h on the East Rand, said Ekurhuleni metro police.

The man, driving a BMW M3, was stopped by police on Linksfield Road in Edenvale on Sunday, but drove off before he could be arrested, said inspector Jimmy Maboko.

"He told us that he was speeding because someone had broken into his factory and he was going to check it out."

The man then drove off and police could not find him.

"Because we had his license details, we were able to contact him to tell him he was now a wanted criminal."

The man handed himself in at Edenvale police station and was arrested.

He was charged with reckless and negligent driving and failing to obey a police officer.

Two other motorists were arrested on Sunday after they were caught driving at 193km/h.

"A 22-year-old man driving a Toyota Corolla told us he had the runs (diarrhoea) and that was why he was driving so fast.

"We arrested him and he will appear in the Germiston Magistrate's Court on Tuesday."

A third man, in a BMW, also was caught driving at 193km/h.

He tried to escape, but police gave chase and the man was arrested after crashing into a tree.

On Saturday, a senior official of the department of social development was arrested for driving at 228km/h.

City Press reported that the official arrested was Vusimuzi Madonsela, the national director-general of the department.

Wayne Minnaar of Johannesburg metro police said they would motivate to have the official's car impounded.

Last edited:

Gunny

Expert Member
nope M3 can do about 275 without the governor in ones with the limiter when you hit the 250 limit its stilll pulling hard. I've been in one that hit 279

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Depending on what was used to catch him (Camera, radar, Vascar plus), will determine in how much crap he is :D

SkypeUser

i heard Ralf Shumacher was caught quite a while ago for doing 250 km/h with a 320i (wtf?) in germany. BMW paid the fine with a smile on their faces.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
Why would Ralf be driving a POS 320i with the money he makes? Sure it wasn't a 330i?

SkypeUser

no it specifically was a 320i thats what was so amazing. Maybe he went to buy bread and milk for his 80 yr old neighbor, with her car?

SkypeUser

Noooo , i should have shotgunned it! Now kingrob will get it. Hope i can just drive it for a day....

Gunny

Expert Member
I was thinking 259 on Linksfield road is insane that dude should be shot

BrianB

WTF, he was going 259 why the hell did he stop in the first place. He deserves to go to jail for been dumb enough to stop!!!

zambussi

people must be retarded. It's almost every week that some idiot is caught on the highway around Edenvale doing some ridiculous speed.
Surely the idiots would have figured out by now that driving over the limit around Edenvale is a great way to get caught ?

BeLgaRiOn

people must be retarded. It's almost every week that some idiot is caught on the highway around Edenvale doing some ridiculous speed.
Surely the idiots would have figured out by now that driving over the limit around Edenvale is a great way to get caught ?

How about driving over the limit in any case is a great way to get caught? It really pisses me off when idiots like this knowingly break the law and some people actually condone it and laugh it off.

F

Fudzy

Coming back to this Vusimuzi Madonsela chap. What sort of message is the director general of social development sending, not only driving but recklessly driving a R600k+ car?

krycor

Honorary Master
they must get a harpoon gun armed with ever radar.. that would be funny.