DJ...

Banned
The more bandwidth consumed, the higher the cost will be.

Can someone explain this to me? Their costs are surely not affected so is this a pricing mechanism to limit , individual sites from hogging of limited bandwidth, or am I missing something else here?

shogun

Expert Member
The more bandwidth consumed, the higher the cost will be.

Can someone explain this to me? Their costs are surely not affected so is this a pricing mechanism to limit , individual sites from hogging of limited bandwidth, or am I missing something else here?

It's still an internet connection surely? Access to the wider internet will surely carry a fee that they would have to pay.

I imagine this would pretty much be a WISP, but not using wifi.

Bern

Expert Member
Mmmm end up costing R50 for 100 mb

Ja, another dubious use of the term "uncapped" again. Why bother calling it uncapped if there is going to be some form of limit?

DJ...

Banned
Ja, another dubious use of the term "uncapped" again. Why bother calling it uncapped if there is going to be some form of limit?

They didn't claim it was uncapped. The article in fact states the opposite...

Mouse

Expert Member

I get the feeling they call it uncapped these days because it does not come with one of these:

cap+photo.jpg

Bern

Expert Member
Questioned about potential pricing for the broadband service, Microsoft contradicted earlier reports that it would offer uncapped access for R20-R50 per month.
They didn't claim it was uncapped. The article in fact states the opposite...

But...they didn't call it uncapped...:confused:
Yes they did, but seem to be back peddling now. At least they have realised they can't called in uncapped without getting called on it.

Last edited:

DJ...

Banned
The earlier reports appear to have been speculation, not an official statement of fact. I don't think it's fair to accuse them of back peddling on that basis...

Bern

Expert Member
The earlier reports appear to have been speculation, not an official statement of fact. I don't think it's fair to accuse them of back peddling on that basis...

Well after this it should ensure they don't try!