2nd Fibre Network

bostor

What is the possibility of getting a second fibre network in our area. We currently have Vuma in Northpine, Cape Town and the community is not happy with the increased rates.

netstrider

Expert Member
What is the possibility of getting a second fibre network in our area. We currently have Vuma in Northpine, Cape Town and the community is not happy with the increased rates.
Register interest with another FNO, get the surrounding community to do the same.

I imagine it may be just as hard as getting the first FNO in place - especially since the second FNO will see there's already competition in place.

Some suburbs have it well where they have two-to-three options already. I live on a smallholding so doubt any other FNO will get here anytime soon given Vuma just went live here a couple of weeks ago and the population density is surely much lower than elsewhere.

deweyzeph

Executive Member

It's definitely possible. I've seen some areas where there is Vumatel, Octotel and Openserve in the same street.