2TB Anytime data

Crusader

Expert Member
I'm going to assume that will be dependent on your tower. For me, where I live, Telkom is more stable and has better latency than Rain's 5G. So you will have to see how congested your tower is. Also another thing though, when there is loadshedding telkom towers seem to remain online, well in my area at least.

Here the tower also seems to stay up during loadshedding. Speedtest pings aroun 29-42ms which seem decent.

W@P

Expert Member
I just upgraded my 220gb Telkom LTE package via the AH Clientzone to the 2TB one. @AfriNatic will AH be sending me a new SIM or just upgrade my existing one?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I just upgraded my 220gb Telkom LTE package via the AH Clientzone to the 2TB one. @AfriNatic will AH be sending me a new SIM or just upgrade my existing one?

If you submit the upgrade to 2TB in clientzone we will change your package to the new 2TB package and your exisitng data will roll over as per the Smart broadband wireless rules.

Romito

Expert Member
d7470827061b3cea05fac572507434ce.jpg

Deco M4 Wi-Fi connection

ace0251266df2bd21e525a95ace19890.jpg

B316 Wi-Fi connection

I’m having a strange problem, if I connect my mesh system to the Huawei B316 router, my speeds are halved. I’ve tried connecting via a gigabit switch to the router, CAT6 Ethernet which I made to rule out any cable fault. I also connected a cable directly to the router, same result. I also tried other cables to no avail. When connected via Wi-Fi to the B316, my speeds are normal at about 40Mbps. This reminds me of Huawei’ fake gigabit ports on my B315 back in the day.

Anyone know what could be the problem or anything else I can try to resolve this? Help would be appreciated.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I use deco m4 mesh system I get full speed connected via cable b535. Also full speed direcrly connect b535

Romito

Expert Member
I use deco m4 mesh system I get full speed connected via cable b535. Also full speed direcrly connect b535

I’m starting to suspect that the B316 doesn’t really have gigabit Ethernet. I also noticed a while ago when I configured it as a makeshift switch. Highest tax rate I got was 10.2MB per second which translates to 100Tbase.

Crusader

Expert Member
@AfriNatic the Telkom SIM cards don't have any requirements for a specific router to be used right? So I would be able to use it in a mobile hotspot like the Huawei E5572 during loadshedding if needed as backup?

Already have a ZTE MF286C I picked up 2nd hand from a prior Afrihost customer which will be used as the main router.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic the Telkom SIM cards don't have any requirements for a specific router to be used right? So I would be able to use it in a mobile hotspot like the Huawei E5572 during loadshedding if needed as backup?

Already have a ZTE MF286C I picked up 2nd hand from a prior Afrihost customer which will be used as the main router.

Yes the 2TB doesn't have any location or router locks. It works in any device that supports Telkom LTE and in locations where Telkom has coverage.

William1102

I’m starting to suspect that the B316 doesn’t really have gigabit Ethernet. I also noticed a while ago when I configured it as a makeshift switch. Highest tax rate I got was 10.2MB per second which translates to 100Tbase.

Definitely has gigabit Ethernet , had supersonic LTE and connected the B316 to the supplied B612 from supersonic and easily got 120Mbps down on 5Ghz Wi-Fi

Reactions: Yuu

Ramiro1993

2TB backup. That's kak funny.

Romito

Expert Member
Definitely has gigabit Ethernet , had supersonic LTE and connected the B316 to the supplied B612 from supersonic and easily got 120Mbps down on 5Ghz Wi-Fi

My problem is even when I’m connected directly with o the router, my speeds never exceed 20Mbps whereas on Wi-Fi it’s double that. I don’t what’s wrong then

Romito

Expert Member
My problem is even when I’m connected directly with o the router, my speeds never exceed 20Mbps whereas on Wi-Fi it’s double that. I don’t what’s wrong then

4b3bd8f1fbdf14c3bbf6e3b3b20cebd0.jpg

I managed to solve the issue, it seems my UPS was only supplying 9V of power instead of the 12V that the router is rated at.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu