3 handsets connected to voip base station over WiFi

yogidabear

If my sip provider doesnt support forking...But i register only one sip account on the base station and set all phones to ring, will that work?
Since its not really forking but the dect base thats doing the work... All phones arent connecting to a separate sip account in my case. Only the base
No problem, I use the gigaset 650ip but am sure yealink is just as capable. You can have simultaneous incoming and outgoing calls as well. So ext 1 and ext 2 can phone out at the same time with one sip account

access

Honorary Master
Just to confirm... I was asking if multiple wifi phones like the grandstream wp820 you quoted, would be able to ring all at once. I assume this would not work?

From your reply i assume you were talking about the dect phones with the single base station, it will work for multiple handsets ringing at once.

Anyways I've just ordered the yealinks. Thanks for the help

the wifi phones would need support from the sip provider to allow simultaneous ringing, or call forking as another has mentioned.

the dect phones are not sip provider dependent for them to ring at the same time, you configure it on the base piece

killerbyte

Expert Member
If my sip provider doesnt support forking...But i register only one sip account on the base station and set all phones to ring, will that work?
Since its not really forking but the dect base thats doing the work... All phones arent connecting to a separate sip account in my case. Only the base
You are correct. You don't need forking to transfer between DECT handsets on the same base.

skyw4lk3r

A Yealink W60B with up to 8 DECT handsets will work perfectly, ideally placed in the middle of that 70m length.

Just an update, recieved the W60 and its working perfectly, with the signal making it well enough across the entire distance and through all the walls.
Thanks!

skyw4lk3r

Question, which codec would provide the best call quality? On fibre so no issues with bandwidth.

Also, when placing a call on hold the caller hears music, can this be customised on my side?

Thank you

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Question, which codec would provide the best call quality? On fibre so no issues with bandwidth.

Also, when placing a call on hold the caller hears music, can this be customised on my side?

Thank you
Does the kit come with a manual?

skyw4lk3r

Downloaded manual doesn't have anything about the music , nor the web settings

skyw4lk3r

Can't see what I'm looking for. Don't understand most of it.

Anyways my voip provider says the music (a song) is set from their side and I can't change it.
He wasn't sounding so sure though.

killerbyte

Expert Member
Can't see what I'm looking for. Don't understand most of it.

Anyways my voip provider says the music (a song) is set from their side and I can't change it.
He wasn't sounding so sure though.
He is correct.

The Yealink phones do not have any built-in on-hold music. Its all set by the SIP server.

If you are having any issues feel free to call the Yealink SA support line (+27 10 824 0040) and we will be more than willing to assist.

skyw4lk3r

He is correct.

The Yealink phones do not have any built-in on-hold music. Its all set by the SIP server.

If you are having any issues feel free to call the Yealink SA support line (+27 10 824 0040) and we will be more than willing to assist.

Thanks will do

Is there any way to disable the on hold music even if it means silence on the callers side?
I see some settings in the administrative guide like RFC 2543 Hold.

yogidabear

Is there any way to disable the on hold music even if it means silence on the callers side?
Gigaset hold / transfer you use the INT button which allows you to transfer to any other phone on the base, or just use as on hold. You cant change the music but you can turn it on or off.

The yealink sounds like it has a dedicated hold button which sends a signal to the PBX placing it on hold there, and invoking their music. You cant change that so maybe they have an internal transfer button which doesnt place the call on hold by the PBX, or mute the mic assuming that button exists.

skyw4lk3r

Lol
It's some heavy music and seems unprofessional
Thanks for taking out the time to try