3 million people shoulder almost all of SA’s tax burden

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Pretty sure its more than 100k, I just threw that number out - I'd say a good percentage of my "facebook" friends have left.

RE: pensions, I'll strongly consider withdrawing mine and taking the tax hit. This and NHI will probably be the nail in the coffin for our decision on staying in SA. (add to that no electricity)

Sollie

Executive Member
Nah

ANC will accept an IMF bailout (or china bailout) and then blame the austerity conditions on foreigners dictating how south africans should run their country, neatly deflecting the blame to some poor innocent scapegoats.
But haven't we done that already?

Oh sorry, I forgot that's Zim. Easy to get confused with half of Zim in South Africa and the people praising the virtuous St Bobby.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I'm not lost. I'm right here. What do you think was funny about your post for those two fcks who laughed ?
You laugh at the most absurd posts. Why can't I? What's this entitlement all about? It's a bloody post and not a law.

ponder

Honorary Master
Nah

ANC will accept an IMF bailout (or china bailout) and then blame the austerity conditions on foreigners dictating how south africans should run their country, neatly deflecting the blame to some poor innocent scapegoats.
There will be more populist rhetorics wrt jan, wmc, whites etc and an increase in ewc, nationalisation etc.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I don't know. What would you call it when their pensions, health care and property rights are under constant threat?

And before anyone accuses me of making assumptions about the racial composition of that 3 million, these are hostile state actions that will affect all races in the 3 million, basically anyone in the middle class. However, you can further surmise that a fair proportion are also the group that regularly hears how unwelcome they are from certain quarters.
So you only care about a portion of the 3m?

mrichard

Pretty sure its more than 100k, I just threw that number out - I'd say a good percentage of my "facebook" friends have left.

RE: pensions, I'll strongly consider withdrawing mine and taking the tax hit. This and NHI will probably be the nail in the coffin for our decision on staying in SA. (add to that no electricity)
Yep, 7000 people per year to New Zealand alone, and the number is increasing. I'd estimate at least R30k people a year are leaving SA. And SA cannot really keep track of how many people are leaving, their figures are very far out. Also, what is even worse is the number of illegal immigrants entering the country, I believe those can be out by millions.

Last edited:

aleksandar

Doing backup of my photos mid last year I was amazed with number of people that we know and left since 2000.
All upper/middle class education\money members of SA society.

Ams1979

Out of the "100k" that left, ask the question how many was business owners that either moved or closed shop.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I don't know. What would you call it when their pensions, health care and property rights are under constant threat?

And before anyone accuses me of making assumptions about the racial composition of that 3 million, these are hostile state actions that will affect all races in the 3 million, basically anyone in the middle class. However, you can further surmise that a fair proportion are also the group that regularly hears how unwelcome they are from certain quarters.
Where did he say that?
My question is based on the highlighted bit on his post. Nothing sinister.

I believe everyone will be affected i;f the thugs in government decide to raid pensions.

braailekker11

IMF bailout would kill SA economy for once and all. No respectable company would want to continue operating its business here under such circumstances. Eskom's epic collapse is imminent. Get out while you can before that happens.

Craig

Honorary Master
IMF bailout would kill SA economy for once and all. No respectable company would want to continue operating its business here under such circumstances. Eskom's epic collapse is imminent. Get out while you can before that happens.
Are you LewLew's new profile?