3 months free Netflix for Telkom users

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

Telkom is punting its free Netflix promotion, where qualifying new and existing customers can get a three-month Netflix subscription valued at R417.

The standard Netflix plan, which is what Telkom subscribers can access with their three-month voucher, lets users stream TV shows and movies from Netflix on two devices at the same time in high definition (HD).

supersunbird

Honorary Master
@Bradley Prior , have you done it?

I followed the process and I am now on free netflix trail for a month, I have not received any voucher code or anything (via SMS or e-mail) to get my 3 months.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So yesterday it wasn't working but today it is. What happens is they subscribe you to the Telkom billing and Netflix give you 1 month free and Telkom gives you 3 month free.

Since it's on Telkom billing Netflix will bill Telkom so ignore the dateon netflix.com and check the Telkom content billing under your line. You will see when the next bill will be and how much.

It shows on the app under subscriptions>content services.

So if you are new to Netflix you get 1 month free from netflix and 3 months free from Telkom. If you are an existing netflix user then it will be 3 months free from Telkom and billing method will change from Credit Card to Telkom South Africa billing and it will be added to your Telkom bill.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So yesterday it wasn't working but today it is. What happens is they subscribe you to the Telkom billing and Netflix give you 1 month free and Telkom gives you 3 month free.

Since it's on Telkom billing Netflix will bill Telkom so ignore the dateon netflix.com and check the Telkom content billing under your line. You will see when the next bill will be and how much.

So if you are new to Netflix you get 1 month free from netflix and 3 months free from Telkom. If you are an existing netflix user then it will be 3 months free from Telkom and billing method will change from Credit Card to Telkom South Africa billing and it will be added to your Telkom bill.
And where does one do that?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
It's an outstanding deal. I just wish it was possible to up the speed to 20Mbps for R100-150 more per month.

My dad is getting the July promo, to finally replace the mobile connection he's using. I've been trying to convince him to switch to fibre for ages.

namzsteve

Expert Member
Used the 3 months on showmax with telkom, was pretty alright. Too bad I already have netflix.
@Bradley Prior , have you done it?

I followed the process and I am now on free netflix trail for a month, I have not received any voucher code or anything (via SMS or e-mail) to get my 3 months.
Is it the 4k package?

biometrics

Honorary Master

I see it on telkom.co.za under Content Services @ R239/month!? And I had already cancelled on Netflix. So it requires you to cancel in two places. Seems really dodge.

1562586519893.png

mrajah

Telkom is punting its free Netflix promotion, where qualifying new and existing customers can get a three-month Netflix subscription valued at R417.

The standard Netflix plan, which is what Telkom subscribers can access with their three-month voucher, lets users stream TV shows and movies from Netflix on two devices at the same time in high definition (HD).
I followed the link and instructions on the sms but kept getting the following error “ Opt-In not allowed - [01147XYYYY] Not eligible to do content billing “ I have been to the Telkom Store on Saturday and 2 of there Tech support could not help they got someone else to call me and he said that he will email me instructions which I am still waiting for. I have been on the phone today and been transferred from one department to the next and been told they will get someone to call me, still waiting. Why have promotions that your staff are unable to help out with if you run into problems.

biometrics

Honorary Master
I followed the link and instructions on the sms but kept getting the following error “ Opt-In not allowed - [01147XYYYY] Not eligible to do content billing “ I have been to the Telkom Store on Saturday and 2 of there Tech support could not help they got someone else to call me and he said that he will email me instructions which I am still waiting for. I have been on the phone today and been transferred from one department to the next and been told they will get someone to call me, still waiting. Why have promotions that your staff are unable to help out with if you run into problems.
I got an SMS for my LTE number but didn't get three months. Got the same offer per email for my VDSL and it give the error you mention. So "Content Services" are only if you use a sim it seems.