3 Years of Billing for a cancelled service

WOT

This is quite literally a carbon copy/recycled series of events that I tried to resolve last year..

To be fair to 'AfriGuy' I wasn't sure what information was missing when I PM'd him last year trying to resolve this nightmare.

Long story short

Had a domain with Afrihost since 2012. Opened it from my personal email address. Opened up a 2nd domain in 2015 for the wife's company site which never went live. I cancelled the domain in 2017.
2018 I was a bit surprised to see an automatic renewal SMS notification.

I queried it but got sandbagged and beat to death with red tape.

To be honest I've NEVER ever seen such a run-around of abysmal service in my entire life..
Support agents just palm you off to the next one. Theres NO continuity of the information exchanges between these staff. They flat out ignored repeated requests for a point of escalation to any level of senior management.
And there is no closure of the support tickets. Ever. I am speechless that they can bill me for almost 3 years now and I am nowhere closer to an answer except for this new/latest revelation..

According to their records the domain was opened from a gmail account which was to be used for the "contact us" field (which never happened)

They are now saying that the domain must be cancelled from the client zone and not via email.
Yet it was LOCKED for non payment last year when I was being charged every single month for the domain.

My wife was able to verify that her boss has never used the gmail address for anything..much less to open the account/domain..

I am quite optimistic that there is someone who is actually able to make any sense of what is happening now. .

I stopped the payment for this month as I am not going to keep paying for a service i don't want or need 3x years

Thank you for any assistance

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
This is quite literally a carbon copy/recycled series of events that I tried to resolve last year..

To be fair to 'AfriGuy' I wasn't sure what information was missing when I PM'd him last year trying to resolve this nightmare.

Long story short

Had a domain with Afrihost since 2012. Opened it from my personal email address. Opened up a 2nd domain in 2015 for the wife's company site which never went live. I cancelled the domain in 2017.
2018 I was a bit surprised to see an automatic renewal SMS notification.

I queried it but got sandbagged and beat to death with red tape.

To be honest I've NEVER ever seen such a run-around of abysmal service in my entire life..
Support agents just palm you off to the next one. Theres NO continuity of the information exchanges between these staff. They flat out ignored repeated requests for a point of escalation to any level of senior management.
And there is no closure of the support tickets. Ever. I am speechless that they can bill me for almost 3 years now and I am nowhere closer to an answer except for this new/latest revelation..

According to their records the domain was opened from a gmail account which was to be used for the "contact us" field (which never happened)

They are now saying that the domain must be cancelled from the client zone and not via email.
Yet it was LOCKED for non payment last year when I was being charged every single month for the domain.

My wife was able to verify that her boss has never used the gmail address for anything..much less to open the account/domain..

I am quite optimistic that there is someone who is actually able to make any sense of what is happening now. .

I stopped the payment for this month as I am not going to keep paying for a service i don't want or need 3x years

Thank you for any assistance
Hey WOT
I understand that your experience with us has been poor and I am so sorry about that. It's not fair that you were billed for a product you cancelled 3 years ago. Please drop me a PM with your clientzone username so I can find out what happened.

Last edited:

WOT

Hey thanks for the assist..

Cool will do, I'll drop you a PM with the details I have..

Thanks for following up..

G