32-inches and 144Hz – What a PC monitor should be

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

I was standing in the reception area of Mustek’s head office in Midrand fiddling with all their devices device on display – as one does when electronics are left in the open – when I spotted a serious gaming rig in the corner.

After conducting the ultimate techie move, running DxDiag on the Windows machine to see what hardware it was packing, my attention shifted to the curved PC monitor connected to it.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Funny how this article pops out, I've been looking at that specific Mecer since yesterday

copacetic

King of the Hippies
OP and Mecer, I'd be very interested in any information with respect to the extreme ghosting/colour changing issues I am experiencing.

I am considering sending the monitor back, but the initial response from the retailer is making me wonder if it would be worth doing....

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Some examples (and to be clear, I have no beef with the monitor; I am, however, keen to know if what I am experiencing is within expected parameters or not, and if not, where the issue lies):

Colour shifting (text):

Items literally vanishing:

Colour changes in-game (exacerbated by my potato video, to be clear): Link.

I am also having some flickering issues with G-sync, but given I am using an Nvidia card, I'm happy to accept these.

Dan C

Honorary Master

I was standing in the reception area of Mustek’s head office in Midrand fiddling with all their devices device on display – as one does when electronics are left in the open – when I spotted a serious gaming rig in the corner.

After conducting the ultimate techie move, running DxDiag on the Windows machine to see what hardware it was packing, my attention shifted to the curved PC monitor connected to it.
A PC monitor should not be a Mecer

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Know of any good 144Hz IPS panels? My current monitor is IPS, but 60Hz. I don't know if I can live without IPS but really want 144Hz...
I've got one of these. Quite brilliant, if pricey. Not sure if it's still available, though.