3d Printers South Africa

Kosmik

Honorary Master
i didn't do anything....so i need to plug it back in and tighten the nozzle while heated?
This fix stops the tube from slipping, it might be part of the problem.

But I've done the same as @xrapidx and just installed capricorn from extruder to nozzle, rather than shuffling both. And those little clips to both the extruder and hotends connectors to prevent slippage there.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
i didn't do anything....so i need to plug it back in and tighten the nozzle while heated?

I'd imagine you're first going to have to clean the hot-end to make sure everything can seal properly.

I'm too lazy, I just bought a new heating block and tossed the nozzle.

groenspookasem

my boy is running out of filament - where in cape town (ideally s/subs) can i get some pla and maybe some std nozzles 0.4mm brass for a stock ender 3 pro?
i bought a bunch some time ago and cant recall where - any pointers would be appreciated

saor

Honorary Master
my boy is running out of filament - where in cape town (ideally s/subs) can i get some pla and maybe some std nozzles 0.4mm brass for a stock ender 3 pro?
i bought a bunch some time ago and cant recall where - any pointers would be appreciated
Netram at Century City.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Old ceiling light stopped working.. couldn't find the same size.
e8d2c13bcd75d64357fc5e28def71621.jpg
1f305cb64e192a0537c172520c8222f3.jpg

rrh

Expert Member
I'm looking for someone (preferably in the Rosebank area of Johannesburg) that I can pay to print me one of these:

PsuPcbHolder.jpg
Details including DXF files

I have both the ATX PSU and the breakout board, should adjustments be required.

Many thanks

rrh

Expert Member
Im looking at the files now :) will gladly print it for you. WIll plain old PLA be OK? Guess it wont get hot right?
It's unlikely to get very hot, especially given that the PSU won't be enclosed.

That said - if my late grandfather's idea of a "warm" curry is anything to go by (it had everybody else calling for the fire brigade) - you best tell me :)

karnuffel

Expert Member
It's unlikely to get very hot, especially given that the PSU won't be enclosed.

That said - if my late grandfather's idea of a "warm" curry is anything to go by (it had everybody else calling for the fire brigade) - you best tell me :)
I have PETG loaded which handles heat better :) Im in Boksburg. you can PM me if you want.

valiente

j4ck455

Executive Member
It doesn't appear to have been post in this thread (apologies for the rerun if it has):

saor

Honorary Master
Random story but it was kind of cool to see.

Had a client a few weeks ago who needed what was initially a short-term solution to a problem they had with their product. We 3d printed the short term solution but they weren't happy with the volumes they were getting and needed basically mass production. That was decided on like a Wednesday morning. By Wednesday evening we'd finished a complete redesign including a printed prototype the next morning.

They approved the design and Tuesday the following week another factory started cutting molds for the parts. The following week Thursday we got first injected molded samples coming off the machine. Basically a product from scratch in under two weeks and it's really cool to see a.) how an entirely digital workflow allows all this stuff to happen so quickly and b.) how quickly a client approves a 3d printed prototype vs. old-school back and forth over drawings and renders.

Can't really post complete pics, small section of injection-molded part:

erg.jpg