3d Printers South Africa

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I'm a total noob to 3D printing. I'm thinking of getting the Ender 3 from Buildvolume, other than filament, what other parts should I order with it?

I think I need to get extra nozzles as those seem to need replacing after about 3 months, what else?
Just get the printer, filament and a spare nozzle or three.

Once you've pulled your hair out for a week or two, get either the yellow scprings or silicone spacers.... then - after another two weeks of frustrations... get a CR touch :D

I specifically waited before upgrading things to learn as I went along.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
No printer toxic?

Not yet...

But its on the cards for very soon I reckon.

Gonna build out a bit of a "maker space" for myself I reckon, so that desk project will be fun in and of itself.

3D printer
Desktop CNC

Also getting my hands on a vinyl cutter machine as well for the hell of it.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Homph so used to it now, striped bowden,cleared clog and back up in 10 minutes :p

ToxicBunny

Random question, anyone ever dealt with Cinch-IT at all?

Not that they have super amazing prices or anything of the sort, but they do have stock of the CNC machine (possibly) that I might be looking at in the not too distant future.

ToxicBunny

Which machine you looking at?

Have used: https://www.neotronics.co.za/ before for cnc stuff.

Yeah, them I've reached out to, but I'd be looking at the 3018 Pro as a starting point to wet my feet and they're out of stock at the moment...

Cinch-IT does seem to have stock, but there are just some things about the entity that scream "Bollocks" to me.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Yeah, them I've reached out to, but I'd be looking at the 3018 Pro as a starting point to wet my feet and they're out of stock at the moment...

Cinch-IT does seem to have stock, but there are just some things about the entity that scream "Bollocks" to me.
One thing TB about this, and I assume it the same whether 3d, cnc or something else, you want the support and availability of parts etc from a good supplier, so if you feel its a bit sketchy, go with your gut.

ToxicBunny

One thing TB about this, and I assume it the same whether 3d, cnc or something else, you want the support and availability of parts etc from a good supplier, so if you feel its a bit sketchy, go with your gut.

Yeah, just the vaguest digging is just not totally adding up...

A few random businesses are registered against the same address in Llandudno which seems odd to me in all honesty.

saor

Honorary Master
Looking for these brackets or very similar if any ideas.

ERF.jpg
1000.jpg

Werfetter

Is it just me or does it look like Funkiments is having some difficulty keeping up with sales of PLA?

eye_suc

Expert Member
Is it just me or does it look like Funkiments is having some difficulty keeping up with sales of PLA?
If I recall correctly, they are shutting down towards end of the year. The owner is taking this downtime to upgrade the extruders and bring more online.

Werfetter

If I recall correctly, they are shutting down towards end of the year. The owner is taking this downtime to upgrade the extruders and bring more online.
Aw damn that is good news for next year but not for almost-out-of-filament me right now...

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Setup my Ender 3 v2 but cannot get any of the samples to stick to the bed (the dog, cat and the XYZ cube). Been struggling with this for the past 3 days :ROFL:

I'm using the filament that came with the printer and these are the settings I've tried:

Nozzle temp: 200, 205, 210
Bed temp: 60
I have the yellow springs and Creality metal extruder upgrade. Everything else is standard.

What am I doing wrong here? When the outline is fine the model doesn't stick and ends up "clumping" on the nozzle.

I levelled the bed multiple times and even moved the bed so close that there's slight amount of friction on the paper (calibration paper?) between the bed and the nozzle but it still doesn't stick.
1977eefa9c9b077fb76d961342acb1e3.jpg
684981edc960ae24cbbac9d9fcd08415.jpg

B-1

Expert Member
Setup my Ender 3 v2 but cannot get any of the samples to stick to the bed (the dog, cat and the XYZ cube). Been struggling with this for the past 3 days :ROFL:

I'm using the filament that came with the printer and these are the settings I've tried:

I have the yellow springs and Creality metal extruder upgrade. Everything else is standard.

What am I doing wrong here? When the outline is fine the model doesn't stick and ends up "clumping" on the nozzle.

I levelled the bed multiple times and even moved the bed so close that there's slight amount of friction on the paper (calibration paper?) between the bed and the nozzle but it still doesn't stick.

The nozzle is too far from the bed. The plastic should squish slightly against the bed more like this:

downloadfile-2.jpg

saor

Honorary Master

What material is it?

ijacobs3

Expert Member

4cwot4.jpg

a2KurmJfMIzCCcz6oDCPwlDUL8u09HDWdGdp7TJjUN4.jpg

it sounds cliché, but 99.999999999% of the times its bed leveling. With a level bed, you dont even need glue, hairspray, etc, it just sticks