3d Printers South Africa

Hi, is the BLTouch Automatic Bed Leveling Sensor supported on the Ender 2 pro?

What else do I need to get it connected, I assume i'll have to 3D print a mount, and update the firmware?

Guess i'm waiting for the K2, was looking at getting a K1.
Buildvolume says the K2 should only to expect from Creality end of July, so I don't see them landing sooner than end of August beginning September in SA.

Buildvolume says the K2 should only to expect from Creality end of July, so I don't see them landing sooner than end of August beginning September in SA.
on top of that i do not want the max or plus or whatever, no budget for that. K1 goes for R10500 at some places right now, just not sure if it's work it as far as i recall there were some issues with the hotend.

on top of that i do not want the max or plus or whatever, no budget for that. K1 goes for R10500 at some places right now, just not sure if it's work it as far as i recall there were some issues with the hotend.
If you get the latest "version" of the K1 then the hotend issues and extruder issues have been resolved.

If you get the latest "version" of the K1 then the hotend issues and extruder issues have been resolved.
I need to do some googling to ask the right questions from the shops, I doubt they'll know off hand if it's the updated version.

I hope they didn't pull some nonsense to be exclusive on this line and then hike the price

I need to do some googling to ask the right questions from the shops, I doubt they'll know off hand if it's the updated version.
You just need to look at the extruder. You want the extruder with the white coupler. NOT BLUE OR BLACK. If the printer comes with that white coupler on the extruder, the hotend will already be the newer version without the issues.
Also note, this white coupler is not removable.

Or at least should, as far as my understanding goes.

1712754517486.png

So Ive managed to finally get the last part printed for my Tarmo 5 build. Most of it is PLA, but the black items are TPU.

Now the process to source the bearings, nuts and bolts starts.

View attachment 1684813
Update on my build, I got the bearings and most of the nuts and bolts needed. I got M4 threaded rods instead of M3 so can go much further

Attachments

• IMG_2197.jpeg
    IMG_2197.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2199.jpeg
    IMG_2199.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2200.jpeg
    IMG_2200.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 27
I'm looking at buying a 3D printer. Budget - R20-25k +-

Pretty green to the field, I want to print durable parts that can take some wear but also looking for a printer that has a high resolution.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also where's the best place to buy a 3D printer in SA?

Pretty green to the field, I want to print durable parts that can take some wear but also looking for a printer that has a high resolution.

BambuLabs P1S is in that price range. It's about as plug and play as a regular paper printer. There's an option that costs more that's the P1S + the AMS which is the multi-material holder you see on top here:

78.png
But it's really not that necessary. Without it you just have to manually swap spools every time you want to print with a different material. Only local distributor is BuildVolume (currently no stock):
https://www.buildvolume.co.za/produ...QsVkJzClvVjot11riIg-DdZ7WX0botgj9X20PIVMzYyH0

Stretch your budget another 2.5k and just get a P1S + AMS combo: https://www.buildvolume.co.za/bambu-lab-p1s

They're out of stock now but I think they're getting regular shipments (email them and ask them to notify you when stock comes in, that's how I did it).

@saor and @DrJohnZoidberg you guys are amazing! Thank you! Will look into the BambuLabs P1S.
It's pretty difficult recommending anything else at the moment in that price segment really as these guys have disrupted the market over the past year or so and everyone else is playing catch up.

You also said you want to print durable parts, I'm going to assume you might want to print with filaments (like ABS, ASA) that would also require that you have an enclosure like the P1S.

And if this is your first printer (like it was mine) this printer is super easy to get started with.

Now go off and go and watch all the Youtubers gushing over these printers :laugh:

BambuLabs P1S is in that price range. It's about as plug and play as a regular paper printer. There's an option that costs more that's the P1S + the AMS which is the multi-material holder you see on top here:

View attachment 1692955
But it's really not that necessary. Without it you just have to manually swap spools every time you want to print with a different material. Only local distributor is BuildVolume (currently no stock):
https://www.buildvolume.co.za/produ...QsVkJzClvVjot11riIg-DdZ7WX0botgj9X20PIVMzYyH0
I'm so fcking tempted - lucky there isn't any stock

Isn't a resin printer the way to go?
It depends what you want to print.

Resin printers are best suited for when you need really high detail like figurines, action figures, etc. or when you need a really smooth surface finish. It's a much more involved process and requires washing off the prints (with chemicals) and curing them.

Regular FDM printers are much easier and convenient to use for just about anything else.

Back