3d Printers South Africa

Jake45

Expert Member
@dunkyd: Wouldn't it be easier and stronger to fix that with a good adhesive? Maybe an epoxy or something like Q-Bond if you need a really strong repair?

Last edited:

dunkyd

Expert Member
@dunkyd: Wouldn't it be easier and stronger to fix that with a good adhesive? Maybe an epoxy or something like Q-Bond if you need a really strong repair?
Can be done I suppose ? Was just wondering about 3d printing...also the hell in that Ford charges R300 for that clip which breaks instantly it is fitted. 2 broke in exactly the same spot.
3 Figos I look at before buying all hadthe same clip broken

aubreyk

I have just started with printing and am using PETG on an Ender 5 Pro. My question, is there a way to print without getting noticeable lines?

Cheers
Aubrey (Cape Town)

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Much to my wifes protesting against it, a went and added a third, i now have a resin printer added to the mix :D

ijacobs3

Expert Member

The clear resin has the finer details, just can’t see it as clearly on the photo

howardb

Expert Member
I have just started with printing and am using PETG on an Ender 5 Pro. My question, is there a way to print without getting noticeable lines?

Cheers
Aubrey (Cape Town)
Layer lines?
I found with PETG that I had to lower the print speed and play around with the nozzle temp, depending on the filament brand.
Have you printed a temp tower for the PETG?
What are your settings and did you have lines on PLA/other filament at all?

ijacobs3

Expert Member
whats cool with the printer, is the time to print is based on the height of the print, so for example, if the tallest model is 5cm high, it would take for example 3 hours, whether its 1 or 10

anthonyhugo

Hello, I have the following 3D printers:

Ender 5 Pro and CR10S Pro V2

Some questions please:

1. the printers that I have do they already have this functionality on the motherboards or will they benefit from these TL smoothers?
  2. If so, are these TL Smoothers the correct ones to get (8 diode)?
https://www.diyelectronics.co.za/st...ule.html?search_query=tl+smoother&results=154

3. and is it recommended to put them on all axis or only for X and Y?

Many thanks

Anthony

looxonline

Hey, has anyone tried the BIQU B1 yet? Most of my printers are more than 50% bigtreetech so I figure that going 100% out the box would probably save me a whole lot of effort. Teaching Tech gave it a pretty good review too. Has anyone here used one?

eye_suc

Expert Member
Hey, has anyone tried the BIQU B1 yet? Most of my printers are more than 50% bigtreetech so I figure that going 100% out the box would probably save me a whole lot of effort. Teaching Tech gave it a pretty good review too. Has anyone here used one?
If you are still looking for a BIQU B1 there are some in stock at Stelltron:

Ricksta123

Anybody have an idea where i might find some upgraded bed levelling springs for the ender 3 v2 ? they are suppose to be 20mm long, 8mm OD, 4mm Inner diameter. Stelltron used to have Link but i just cannot find these anywhere locally.

Last edited:

saor

Honorary Master
Anybody have an idea where i might find some upgraded bed levelling springs for the ender 3 v2 ? they are suppose to be 20mm long, 8mm OD, 4mm Inner diameter. Stelltron used to have Link but i just cannot find these anywhere locally.
If you don't find it's generally not that expensive to get custom springs made up locally at the smaller spring manufacturers.

dunkyd

Expert Member
Can be done I suppose ? Was just wondering about 3d printing...also the hell in that Ford charges R300 for that clip which breaks instantly it is fitted. 2 broke in exactly the same spot.
3 Figos I look at before buying all hadthe same clip broken
Sadly 2 types of glue did not work. Seems too much stress as the glove box clips in. Both broke on the mend...

eye_suc

Expert Member
There is a new filament manufacturer in South Africa called Funkiments. They are producing the best and cheapest ABS I've worked with. R170 per KG

They manufacture naked spools which you put on a spool you print yourself. Re-use your spool for the next roll you buy.

Here's some pics:
dac80630-0126-4349-a60e-1071e3e35945.jpg

ae0055f4-e94b-48f6-a96e-c096ef9b0e30.jpg

75aa8972-b18c-438d-abbe-17c6c4230ac6.jpg