3d Printers South Africa

eye_suc

Expert Member
How much they cost for 1Kg and shipping? Do they have black IN STOCK.? quickly try to get some info of their horrible mobile site but not loading properly
Anything in particular wrong with the site? I can relay the message.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Anything in particular wrong with the site? I can relay the message.
Maybe let them just load it on their phones and see if everything load properly and if all buttons and drop downs work using different browsers.

You know when they gonna have black in stock?

B-1

Expert Member
What do you guys use for creating 3D models? I've been printing basic stuff from thingverse but now its time to start designing my own models. Mostly simple boxes with a slot for a SD cart to be used in retro computers.
Thought about downloading something similar from thingverse and modifying it but seems a mission to edit STL files.

I've started looking at FreeCad but looks way too complicated :(

I like freecad and OpenSCAD but like you said its got a steep learning curve and is pretty old school. As mentioned tinkercad and Fusion360 are quite popular.

RedViking

Nord of the South
He made loads of black PLA this week. All sold.
He cannot make filament fast enough, it is that popular.

I am a big fan of eSun. Funkiments is better, but that is only my humble opinion.
Oh sorry. Only see your post now. I was irritated earlier cause whenever I look for black in affordable options they are out of stock. I guess everyone loves black.

I will print some spools and then also give them a go... when they have black. lol

B-1

Expert Member
Im hitting a blank on the online aluminium extrusion store that got good prices. Need some 30x30 and 20x20 but cant remember the places name think its in PE. Anyone remember?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Im hitting a blank on the online aluminium extrusion store that got good prices. Need some 30x30 and 20x20 but cant remember the places name think its in PE. Anyone remember?
You must Google Qwyajdjosorhbckk, not PE

• Haha
Reactions: B-1

eye_suc

Expert Member
Yeah, I will never buy their filament again. The worst filament I have tried to use...
I've had about 2 spools of theirs that had the filament get stuck in the bowden tube, meaning diameter greater than 1.9mm (Capricorn XS). Even then, they have been the best of the rest for me so I stuck with them for a while.

What did you find annoying about eSun?

karnuffel

Expert Member
Not the most impressive of prints but I thought it worked well and looked pretty cool :) My wife asked me to print her a container for the kitchen (and yes it does help to prove to the wife that my hobby can be useful :cool: :p ). Took me 26 hours to print but I think it came out pretty decent. I upscaled it to 150% from the original design.

I used some very old PLA that Im just trying to get rid of. It took me ages to get it loaded because its so brittle.

There are some blemishes but I dont think its major. The only post processing Ive done was to remove the supports I added in manually.

Attachments

• Crate 3.png
    Crate 3.png
    910 KB · Views: 20
  • Crate 2.png
    Crate 2.png
    616.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Crate 1.png
    Crate 1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

eye_suc

Expert Member
Not the most impressive of prints but I thought it worked well and looked pretty cool :) My wife asked me to print her a container for the kitchen (and yes it does help to prove to the wife that my hobby can be useful :cool: :p ). Took me 26 hours to print but I think it came out pretty decent. I upscaled it to 150% from the original design.

I used some very old PLA that Im just trying to get rid of. It took me ages to get it loaded because its so brittle.

There are some blemishes but I dont think its major. The only post processing Ive done was to remove the supports I added in manually.
That came out great! Those blemishes are very minor, I would worry about it.

I've had something like that in my todo list for a while now. Looks very similar

Werfetter

I've had about 2 spools of theirs that had the filament get stuck in the bowden tube, meaning diameter greater than 1.9mm (Capricorn XS). Even then, they have been the best of the rest for me so I stuck with them for a while.

What did you find annoying about eSun?
Sorry, it is not eSun that was the issue but Filament Factory. The filament gets brittle so damn quickly. I have had filament breaking off inside the bowden tube after leaving it outside of my dry box overnight. I have also never struggled with stringing as much as I have with the filament factory stuff. I have been printing with a roll of Funkiments (red) this last week and it is a dream compared to the FF stuff.

karnuffel

Expert Member
That came out great! Those blemishes are very minor, I would worry about it.

I've had something like that in my todo list for a while now. Looks very similar
Thats exactly that one. You will have to upscale it though.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master

Really nice and looks better than what you can buy in most stores. You can at least customise the width when you print as well.

Going to be doing a lot of these as well.