3d Printers South Africa

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Similiar - used it recently

287a9b38b1fc2ee1d5799f898b4a46bb.jpg

Awesome, exactly what I need for the many dozens of upcoming labels I'm going to get requested to print.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Started printing a spool today in anticipation of the Funkiments arrival - didn't realise it was going to take about 24 hours :(

eye_suc

Expert Member
Started printing a spool today in anticipation of the Funkiments arrival - didn't realise it was going to take about 24 hours :(
Already started? You can greatly decrease print time by upping your line width in Cura. 0.6 instead of default 0.4. Also use 0.28 line height
I also crank my CR10s Pro to about 70mm/s which helps a bit.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Sounds like a job for a 0.8 nozzle.
Good point, I need to experiment with larger nozzles.

Been wanting to order a florescent pink filament and glow in the dark from Da Vinci - but been out of stock for awhile. (and then nozzles)

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Already started? You can greatly decrease print time by upping your line width in Cura. 0.6 instead of default 0.4. Also use 0.28 line height
I also crank my CR10s Pro to about 70mm/s which helps a bit.
That halfed the print time - it was on 8% - cancelled and started again.

valiente

Anyone in Centurion/Pretoria with a large SLA/Resin printer??

I need a couple of small items printed: 50x50x5mm

bar1

Expert Member
ended up getting the BIQU BXfrom 3d store, reviews are good!
planning to connect my old raspberry pi 3 for OctoPrint

karnuffel

Expert Member
Did the print finish at that point?
That is damn close if that was the case.
Lol no it didnt. It stopped a minute or so later on 88%I had a small piece of yellow that I replaced it with just to get it done. Came out quite nice

karnuffel

Expert Member
You left the plastic on your acrylic. And nice spool holder choice :)

Enjoying the Ender 6?
Loving it! I had one issue last week trying to print with a multi-color silky PLA+. My prints all pulled apart, even my temp tower, but Ill load that spool again to try and figure out what happened.

eye_suc

Expert Member
Loving it! I had one issue last week trying to print with a multi-color silky PLA+. My prints all pulled apart, even my temp tower, but Ill load that spool again to try and figure out what happened.
That is odd. Other spool of filament worked fine?

I've had stuff like that happen before, but that was because of a partial clog (under extrusion) or too low temps.

What tips do you have for other Ender 6 owners?

B-1

Expert Member
Busy building a vzbot. I have a corexy I designed and built about 7 years ago thats not keeping up to the new designs anymore and when I saw the vzbot I really liked the simple practical design.

large.png

eye_suc

Expert Member
Busy building a vzbot. I have a corexy I designed and built about 7 years ago thats not keeping up to the new designs anymore and when I saw the vzbot I really liked the simple practical design.

View attachment 1114290

Busy listening to the vid now.

For a TLDW, would you say this is on par with a RatRig or a Voron?

karnuffel

Expert Member
That is odd. Other spool of filament worked fine?

I've had stuff like that happen before, but that was because of a partial clog (under extrusion) or too low temps.

What tips do you have for other Ender 6 owners?
Its just with that one spool, others print 100%. I saw on some of the Facebook groups that there are quite a few people moaning about these, but Ill get it working.

Tips, take your glass surface off and clean it properly. I found that the profiles on IdeaMaker give the best results with no real tuning needed. Planning to move my extruder to the top and add Capricorn tubing soon :)

B-1

Expert Member
Busy listening to the vid now.

For a TLDW, would you say this is on par with a RatRig or a Voron?

Its built mainly for speed and reliability by the designer and kept simple so missing a few fancy bits that I never use anyways. I was going to build a voron for years now but never got around to it. The 2.4 voron is the good looking no compromise printer but it also comes at a big cost and complicated build. The ratrig is also very good so you wont have any regrets with any of them. Its more about picking the one that fits your needs.

Werfetter

Its built mainly for speed and reliability by the designer and kept simple so missing a few fancy bits that I never use anyways. I was going to build a voron for years now but never got around to it. The 2.4 voron is the good looking no compromise printer but it also comes at a big cost and complicated build. The ratrig is also very good so you wont have any regrets with any of them. Its more about picking the one that fits your needs.
I see the voron kits are all built for 3mm filament and even the BOMs on their site all include 3mm components. Is there a reason for 3mm over 1.75? I have only ever printed 1.75 so curious about what the difference is?