3d Printers South Africa

Sashin

Hey guys,
Anyone purchased from Hype Direct - hype.co.za?
Looking to buy a Creality Ender 3 V2 from them but not sure how legit they are.
Thanks
Just want to let you guys know that I took a chance and ordered from Hype direct. There were some initial delivery delays and my package was involved in the looting but they ended up sending me a replacement within the week.

Was great service considering the circumstances.

B-1

Expert Member
I see the voron kits are all built for 3mm filament and even the BOMs on their site all include 3mm components. Is there a reason for 3mm over 1.75? I have only ever printed 1.75 so curious about what the difference is?

Where do you see the 3mm parts in the BOM? The only things that I believe that you may see is the bowden tube on the direct drive extruder for feeding the filament into the extruder. They use a 3mm inner diameter and fittings because there is less friction when pulling the 1.75mm filament through it.
I would only use 3mm filament on printers that will run 0.6mm nozzles or bigger with a high flow hotend. We used to only get 3mm long ago but 1.75 is better for 90% of the time so unless you know why you need it dont go that route.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Had a weekend of doing print in place damage tokens for Gloomhaven. Learning slot around bed levelling and print adhesion.

I enjoy the challenge of debugging failed prints. This cold temperature have caused curling and other side effects I did not anticipate.

Setting up ESP32 Cam this week to monitor my printer and then start building the printer housing in the garage.

Werfetter

Where do you see the 3mm parts in the BOM? The only things that I believe that you may see is the bowden tube on the direct drive extruder for feeding the filament into the extruder. They use a 3mm inner diameter and fittings because there is less friction when pulling the 1.75mm filament through it.
I would only use 3mm filament on printers that will run 0.6mm nozzles or bigger with a high flow hotend. We used to only get 3mm long ago but 1.75 is better for 90% of the time so unless you know why you need it dont go that route.
That would actually make perfect sense. I saw the 3mm PTFE tube and 3mm coupling and made assumptions.

Reactions: B-1

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Using the ESP32-Cam to monitor my printer. I will set it at a better angle once I build a dedicated area for it.

Will add a flame sensor and heat & humidity sensor to it with a "kill switch" relay.

Paid R230 for it yesterday.

screencast 2021-07-27 13-40-36.gif

B-1

Expert Member
Using the ESP32-Cam to monitor my printer. I will set it at a better angle once I build a dedicated area for it.

Will add a flame sensor and heat & humidity sensor to it with a "kill switch" relay.

Paid R230 for it yesterday.

View attachment 1115188

Was wondering if they would be good enough for that task. I just got a Pi zero for my new build but a camera will be nice.

B-1

Expert Member
VzBot.jpg

Got most of the frame together and started on some of the Z axis for my new VzBot. Also printed/assembled most of the EVA carriage. I should start getting some of the orders in over the next 2 weeks and my old printer has been running almost non stop to print parts. Hoping most of the parts get here before the long weekend so I can get some more work done on it.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
What do you guys think of using a small glass fish tank to create a ABS smoothing chamber? (30cm x 30cm x 30cm odd)

Thought of looking for a second hand one - and putting a fan or something in the lid to "suck" air up and out.

howardb

Expert Member
What do you guys think of using a small glass fish tank to create a ABS smoothing chamber? (30cm x 30cm x 30cm odd)

Thought of looking for a second hand one - and putting a fan or something in the lid to "suck" air up and out.
Not sure if the acetone will eat through the silicone of the fish tank?

karnuffel

Expert Member
Where do you guys buy your filament and spares from? DIY Electronics has treated me well, but Im finding more and more that the filament and spares I want are scattered between 3 or 4 online shops which is quite frustrating to be honest.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Yeh, I've found that to be a constant problem. Want to order various small parts - but not a single store has stock of everything I need.

Werfetter

Yeah, I have seriously started considering just importing what I need. DIY seems to be out of stock of most of the parts I want nowadays in any case and ordering from multiple local online stores just don't feel like worth the hassle...

Cosmic_Nomad

Pi shop and DIY are always out of stock of the interesting parts and what you want. Amazon for the win.