3d Printers South Africa

eye_suc

Expert Member
None of these printers will ever or should ever use the Auto Bed Level sensor as a homing/End stop sensor...

Firstly they only work on really short distances and secondly, if you home all axis, then the Bed Level probe is actually off the bed...
Interesting. All 4 my Crealities use the sensor/probe as end-stop for Z.

Will have a look at his printer later on. Never worked with a Biqu

bar1

Expert Member
ok thanks everyone...yeah i really dont know
might give up on that mirror and just get another sheet.

valiente

Interesting. All 4 my Crealities use the sensor/probe as end-stop for Z.

Will have a look at his printer later on. Never worked with a Biqu
Which models exactly?

As I know about the CR6-SE which uses a strain gauge inside the hot-end to do Auto Bed levelling.
But it STILL uses an Optical End Stop for homing

bar1

Expert Member

Attachments

• IMG_20210903_165954.jpg
    IMG_20210903_165954.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210903_165948.jpg
    IMG_20210903_165948.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210903_165944.jpg
    IMG_20210903_165944.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 22

avk

Was going to suggest looking at this page, but just saw you have an optical sensor, and I think this is more geared towards BL Touch and the like. But perhaps there is something there for you? I used his website to install and set up the BL Touch, and it is very well layed out.

Really useful site as a whole for anybody venturing into 3D printing for the first time, of course combined with his YouTube content.

https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html#firstlayer

bar1

Expert Member
Ok
Was going to suggest looking at this page, but just saw you have an optical sensor, and I think this is more geared towards BL Touch and the like. But perhaps there is something there for you? I used his website to install and set up the BL Touch, and it is very well layed out.

Really useful site as a whole for anybody venturing into 3D printing for the first time, of course combined with his YouTube content.

https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html#firstlayer
thanks i will check it out....kinda gave up for now.
i was working on it until midnight last night, i can get the stopper up, and the nozzle seems to be the right higher but i am unable to do an ABL, probably the sensitivity things.

i have a few things to print this weekend, but i'll probably try again during the week.

Reactions: avk

Kosmik

Honorary Master
So finally took the plunge. Banggood had a ender 3 3d with power resume for R2k odd. Happy with that to start tinkering and I'm looking to print items smaller than that: models, small parts etc.

Early birthday and christmas present for myself but I do think it will be great for the family as well. Going to enjoy tinkering I think. Read through the thread with interest, now gotta wait for the delivery :(

*edit* Oh my, Diyelectronics is very close by......

Last edited:

saor

Honorary Master
Nice!!

What's the size? And ETA
1.5m x 1.5m frame, not sure what actual cutting area is. Kit from neotronics za, so should hopefully be together by Wednesday as I'm not ordering a bunch of components myself like it happened with the large custom 3d printer build that still isn't finished 2 years later :X3: .

saor

Honorary Master
Hmmm...I wonder how much of a mission it would be to convert this to a 3d printer :unsure:. Don't need a load of Z travel for printing bulk small parts...

valiente

So I eventually found a local company that can supply 4mm Polycarbonate sheets (580 x 600) for my new Printer.
Reasonable price! R350

Then I asked them to CNC a couple holes and two small corner cut-outs.
Firstly the quote from Engineering took nearly 5 days.

Then the price was double that of the sheet, almost R700 for the CNC alone.
Image of the DXF in question below

So I am looking for someone to assist in Gauteng (Pretoria preferred) with a CNC large enough to drill these couple of holes..

1631032716775.png

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Folks, I'm keen into getting a Octoprint but I see DIYElec sells it but are out of stock, any other local suppliers? I suppose could build my own but like that it was a whole kit.

karnuffel

Expert Member
Folks, I'm keen into getting a Octoprint but I see DIYElec sells it but are out of stock, any other local suppliers? I suppose could build my own but like that it was a whole kit.
I did this for my ender 6. I used a Sony eyecam for the PS3 and a raspberry PI 3b. Installing Octopi is easy and getting everything setup is well documented.

The biggest issue I had was getting the camera to work, but in the end it was more of a PICNIC issue than anything else. The camera is not great but works great.