400Mbps fibre for R399 here to stay

OneKnight

All well and good, but at the end of 2017 there is no indication whatsoever when fibre will be rolled out to a suburb a stone's throw away from from Telkom's HQ and NNOC.

Last edited:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Product name is still misleading. It's 200mbps full duplex.

We don't have 200mbps ethernet or 2gbps ethernet. It's 100/full and 1000/full.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Product name is still misleading. It's 200mbps full duplex.

We don't have 200mbps ethernet or 2gbps ethernet. It's 100/full and 1000/full.

You can change speeds to 400mps down and 10mps up, or 200mps/200mps, up to you what you do with 400mps.

Borrels

The article is really misleading because it implies any customer with fibre infrastructure can get this deal, while it is actually just available within "Cybersmart precincts"

deesef

Expert Member
"400Mbps, 50GB daytime data and 250GB after-hours data – R399 per month"

50gb will not last very long at that speed...

Bogartxx

Before you can make use of any fantastic offers the BLOODY INFRASTRUCTURE COMPANIES have to get their SPADES out and dig some trenches at more than a snails pace as they are NOT doing at the moment.
With all the unemployed how about employing then. It doesn't take much training to dig a trench. Even I can dig a hole

genetic

Honorary Master
Before you can make use of any fantastic offers the BLOODY INFRASTRUCTURE COMPANIES have to get their SPADES out and dig some trenches at more than a snails pace as they are NOT doing at the moment.
With all the unemployed how about employing then. It doesn't take much training to dig a trench. Even I can dig a hole

They are rolling fibre out at an incredibly fast rate. Just because YOU don't have it yet, doesn't mean that they are not doing anything about it. :rolleyes:

Bogartxx

They are rolling fibre out at an incredibly fast rate. Just because YOU don't have it yet, doesn't mean that they are not doing anything about it. :rolleyes:

Rolling out at a fantastic rate ?
Yesterday they published a figure that fibre will overtake Copper etc in 2021 FOUR YEARS to wait despite the fact they've been at it for about 5 year already......so at that rate might be 2030 before it covers the country........
As I said employ some more of the unemployed to dig the holes
The next generation of beyond Fibre will be avaiiable before then in the real world

FoXtroT

Expert Member
Yesterday they published a figure that fibre will overtake Copper etc in 2021 FOUR YEARS to wait despite the fact they've been at it for about 5 year already......so at that rate might be 2030 before it covers the country........
The next generation of beyond Fibre will be avaiiable before then in the real world

And the copper infrastructure roll out took decades. Take a chill pill.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
I always find it interesting that people claim companies should “just employ more people”. Employment means salaries, and salaries get paid with money. You can only employ people if you have the budget to do so. I’m guessing most of those infrastructure companies you’re asking to employ people are already at maximum capacity budget-wise.

So they might be willing to employ more people to dig trenches faster if you’re willing to pay more money. Are you willing to pay 2-3 times the price for fibre that they’re currently offering so they can roll out in half the time?

genetic

Honorary Master

How old are you out of interest? Still in school I'm assuming?