4096 international speeds ridiculous

Pixual

Expert Member
I have been experiencing speeds slower than dialup intermittently with my Axxess Lite account for over two weeks, mostly during the day. Tickets submitted to their support department are just ignored, or replied to with disdain.

Here's a speedtest to Houston Texas taken earlier today:

909679293.png

It's not just that server, any server I try to connect to in the US is not much better.

Is anyone else having similar issues with their Axxess Lite account? Are these pricks shaping us during the day, even though we aren't on uncapped accounts?

Wyzak

Expert Member
I would imagine that the "Lite" in your account name is the reason for you are getting such horrible speeds. Try using a different account or read through their terms and conditions and you might find that there is a reason the "Lite" account costs so little.

Chunkyfeather

lite = unshaped without the frills.

I have axxess lite account also, but dont use it during the day as i am at work, but from time to time i do notice horrific slow speeds, so i imagine they might be shaping at times. But for R19 per gig, i dont mind too much although it is wrong, but if/when it affects my gaming, i will release the kraken.

HaNsA

Expert Member
It claims to be unshaped.

I am also experiencing these problems

gus

Same here, the speeds are Craptastic! Stay aaawaaaaaaay, suppose the old saying 'You get what you pay for' applies.

HaNsA

Expert Member
This should be moved to the ADSL ISP discussions, and axxess lite be added to the title somewhere ...

Pixual

Expert Member
I never had a problem with this account before, but since the last Seacom cable debacle I have noticed that it hasn't been the same since then.

Could it be that Axxess are trying to "manage" us off the Lite Accounts because they screwed up with the pricing and are now trying to claw back their losses? One easy way of doing this would be to shape the account, even though it is supposed to be an unshaped, priced per gig account.

I get the feeling that a lot of the ISP's are trying desperately to move all their subscribers to the much more profitable uncapped accounts, where they can garner more income and enforce more regulation to the accounts.

Pixual

Expert Member
You swine... :)

Well, it doesn't look like Durban is getting upgraded to 10mbps. And to be honest, if I can't even get 512kbps on my line from the US I don't know why I am even bothering with 4096. I think I'm just getting ripped off.

I don't think I will be topping up with any Axxess lite data this month. Any good deals about? I'm not interested in uncapped. I only need about 10GB a month.