450gb for R59?

KYLEROX

How do i get the 450gb night surfer from telkom... its said to be on the mo nice section but i cannot find it
Help..

BlackMamba

Expert Member
Oh so its 450GB now! Damn Telkom noticed the success of the 500GB for R50 and now they are pushing profits to the max

ld13

Honorary Master
There is no way to get it. It is given to you, as the mo'nice offers are personalized and differ from person to person.

Sneeky

Honorary Master
There is no way to get it. It is given to you, as the mo'nice offers are personalized and differ from person to person.
So what makes one person more worthy than the other? :D

Crazy madness man.

been on hold with telkom for the last 30 minutes. lol, When it goes south it goes south proper
:sick:

Last edited:

Napalm

Expert Member
What it is... basically .... is a lotto.

Not everyone can just select the option and pay R59 for 450 gb.

Some people say they can see it.. others can't find it. and telkom themself can't set you up with that option direct (either you can see it.. or you can't)

Lotto... tatta my chance.

sinister

So what makes one person more worthy than the other? :D

Crazy madness man.

been on hold with telkom for the last 30 minutes. lol, When it goes south it goes south proper
:sick:
yo sneeky boi,did you eventually get some sort of a coherant answer from them? had 3 previous sims that i used the 500gb on,only got the 450gb "offer" on one of them, and the 5gb nightsurfer on the other 2.Took the 5gb one twice on both of the other 2,no new offers in the morning.wall inc:

Went and rica'd 11 more sims today to try and fish it,but useless offers,2 x voice deals,and some expensive 100mb data offer(took it anyways to try and activate "IM A DATA USER MODE"....no difference)

All tests were performed:
before and after switching the tariff on each
topping up R100 each (no transferring,literally went to a garage,bought a voucher,and typed it like a boss to reduce omg he transferred airtime from 1 phone to another,cheapskate wont get any offers/deals lol)
3 different names/id's were used when rica'ing,4 sims one name,4 another,3 other (to reduce the risk of a user having too many sims and perhaps not getting the deal)
b315 router,iphone7,astrum/zytel(zyxel wtf) usb 3g dongles used (maybe it detects your initial device and its features)
3g only/4g 1800/2300mhz bands/2g only (maybe it detects if airtime is used with 2g,4g gets data primarily)

result: not even a 5gb nighttime on ONE of the 11,will try again after midnight,maybe something changes.

read a shady rumor somewhere that smartbroadband tariff needs to be enabled for atleast a month before the offer shows on monice,but taking that with a bit of salt.

Share your tips please lads,so we can math this elusive rng mofo out

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
yo sneeky boi,did you eventually get some sort of a coherant answer from them? had 3 previous sims that i used the 500gb on,only got the 450gb "offer" on one of them, and the 5gb nightsurfer on the other 2.Took the 5gb one twice on both of the other 2,no new offers in the morning.wall inc:

Went and rica'd 11 more sims today to try and fish it,but useless offers,2 x voice deals,and some expensive 100mb data offer(took it anyways to try and activate "IM A DATA USER MODE"....no difference)

topping up R100 each (no transferring,literally went to a garage,bought a voucher,and typed it like a boss to reduce omg he transferred airtime from 1 phone to another,cheapskate wont get any offers/deals lol)
3 different names/id's were used when rica'ing,4 sims one name,4 another,3 other (to reduce the risk of a user having too many sims and perhaps not getting the deal)
b315 router,iphone7,astrum/zytel(zyxel wtf) usb 3g dongles used (maybe it detects your initial device and its features)
3g only/4g 1800/2300mhz bands/2g only (maybe it detects if airtime is used with 2g,4g gets data primarily)

result: not even a 5gb nighttime on ONE of the 11,will try again after midnight,maybe something changes.

read a shady rumor somewhere that smartbroadband tariff needs to be enabled for atleast a month before the offer shows on monice,but taking that with a bit of salt.

Eish, 11 sims.. thats should be a record for trying to beat telkom.. but yeah its like playing lotto now which really sucks..

Sometimes companies make really stupid decisions which cost them money. wait 2 months and everyone will be getting the 450GB option cos their revenue will decrease..

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Hi sinister

Short answer is no!

After over half an hour of waiting I got through to the call center.
They pretty much said the only way you can access this is by USSD interface as it is not included in the apps or online section where you would normally expect to fit it (yet? double q mark ?)

So I dug out an old phone, ripped the sim outa my bs telkom router and went through the motions.
The best offer was like 25Gb anytime for over 400 rand.

I threw a few toys out the cot, kept my light saber and minion doll though , and decided this is a Monday morning debate with Telkom.

I'm on a smartbroadband 100 LTE contract up for renewal, maybe thats an issue?

I dunno.

edit: and I have been purchasing the 500Gb special almost ever month since it came out, although I very rarely use more than 100Gb of it in any one month. I just need a wee bit more than my current package offers.

Last edited:

aktiv

All this moaning and gnashing of teeth make me feel guilty : -(

I have this offer available ......but have no use for it ... fiber cover all my needs

Bond

James Bond
You're supposed to be active (at least 30 days), buy airtime and $hit, use your number.

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Waiting for that Lulu b@#%h to come crawling out of the woodwork telling us nobody needs more than 3gb/pm.

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood

Wtf. :erm:

That is the most extreme dedication to an arbitrary cause I've yet seen on this forum. At this point just get an uncapped VDSL or fibre connection and realise your data aspirations.

sinister

thanks for the replies so far guys, all of them only gives 3 options so far,4th one missing (which should be the 450gb deal in an ideal world).Literally feels like a lotto/powerball :(
[MENTION=105871]Bryn[/MENTION] ,indeed sir,had vdsl for a couple of years and main pipe is fibre atm,but uncapped in this country after the smallprint and fups and nonsense,basically means a couple of gigs. I'm fortunate enough to live right next to the lte tower,you can get b315 routers on local sites for next to nothing lately (sealed,want to sell ASAP,dont need it blabla).

With some cursing at iptables/vmware,enough coffee,a proper 802.1ax(hardware link aggregation) smart router, you can setup a couple of those babies on different subsets/ipranges and link them together as 1 big fat pipe.If you top up all of them at the same time,when the first one hits 0 mb's left,the others follow almost instantly. Dont get me wrong comparing wireless to fibre is like comparing a supra to a ferrari. Fibre is 100% stable,lagfree(supposed to be :p) static ip <3.It just works.Although! multiple fibre installations become quite expensive...real quick and then theres the fup! You cant just replace the sim when you get a warning email/sms :)

At the moment touch wood,only 2 of those lte modems linked give a faster sftp transfer rate over vpn from uk, than one uncongested/unmolested 100mbps fibre connection with the same seedbox/transfer settings setup. Mind you,if you download 1/2/3tb a night on fibre, they'll probably come and lock you up and throw away dem keys.

40mbps VDSL in my area,is about the same as neotel uncapped,you can literally type binary faster on a keyboard,than that throughput( dat same dust coming out of a mechanic keyboard when you tilt a tourette/bpd irish person on a public forum/irc channel)

back on topic,will post a reply as soon as i get only ONE sim working with the 450gb offer and the exact steps used(and timeframe) if there was a waiting time on the offer blabla.Then trying the same with a 2nd one without the rng inb4 enough people bash them on a twitter post so they just make it static on *180# like it was or something.But the chances of that...lolwut

If theres some fail, people talk and give their product free publicity, and who does'nt like to gamble and WIN 450GB!!!!!!!
Thanks again for the input ladies&gents

sinister

99% of russians have skidmarks on their chairs,no..its not from sweat...no its not from old chairs. Thats from triggering each other over arbitrary stuff like cooking recipes..or the daily weather prediction.If their local sport team loses,only the elastic on their underpants remain.Imagine giving those poor gentle beasts something like telkom...or a 10tb FUP