5,000 US troops deploying to southern border in response to migrant caravan

Seriously

Honorary Master
Fox News has learned military police will be among those headed to the border, though they will not be acting in a law enforcement role – but rather in a “force protection” mission, guarding any U.S. military personnel supporting the Border Patrol, according to another official.

Combat troops are not being considered, though the bulk of the reinforcements going to the border are active-duty forces.

Because they would not be performing law enforcement duties they would not be in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act, which prohibits the federal government from using the armed forces in a domestic police role.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/50...-mexico-border-in-response-to-migrant-caravan

Nick333

Honorary Master
Since when is protecting your borders a domestic police role anyway?

Nick333

Honorary Master
Can someone explain what's going on here to me please. A bunch of Mexicans have decided they have no respect for America's sovereignty?

Techne

Honorary Master
Can someone explain what's going on here to me please. A bunch of Mexicans have decided they have no respect for America's sovereignty?
Mostly Honduran people IIRC. The idiots promoting open borders and globalist BS can be blamed for this.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Mostly Honduran people IIRC. The idiots promoting open borders and globalist BS can be blamed for this.
Trying to import the European migrant crisis to the US. The only way to deal with this is harshly I'm afraid. Trump was right about the wall and I'm willing to bet a lot of voters are paying attention.

R13...

Honorary Master
Trying to import the European migrant crisis to the US. The only way to deal with this is harshly I'm afraid. Trump was right about the wall and I'm willing to bet a lot of voters are paying attention.
A wall wouldn't have stopped the caravan though, unless with the wall he intends on eliminated border gates along that side of the country. All a wall says is that I am anti-immigration, people will still trying to knock on the door and ask for asylum which the US still grants despite Trump's grumblings about his preference for Norwegians and other like people.

Techne

Honorary Master
Sinking boats and breaking up caravans may be the most humane thing to do in the long run. Mass immigration has the bad habit of ending in war and even more deaths than a few sunken boats and brojen caravans.

Temujin

Honorary Master
Not sure how many now, 17k? 14k? fark knows... many many many people out of the blue just happened to decide to march to US in time for voting to push trump into action:whistling:

Nick333

Honorary Master
A wall wouldn't have stopped the caravan though, unless with the wall he intends on eliminated border gates along that side of the country. All a wall says is that I am anti-immigration, people will still trying to knock on the door and ask for asylum which the US still grants despite Trump's grumblings about his preference for Norwegians and other like people.
Does America grant asylum to everyone and anyone who rocks up at their borders? I suspect not.

Also, fcck you Mexico.

It has struck me that if you are supposedly seeking asylum and you cross two of a countries borders you might be saying "nope, not this shythole!" of that country.

Xarog

Honorary Master
Does America grant asylum to everyone and anyone who rocks up at their borders? I suspect not.

Also, fcck you Mexico.

It has struck me that if you are supposedly seeking asylum and you cross two of a countries borders you might be saying "nope, not this shythole!" of that country.
Mexico has similar problems. They also want to build a wall at their southern border, last I heard. :sneaky:

R13...

Honorary Master

Also, fcck you Mexico.

Yeah they probably don't give it everyone who turns up. But now they are probably to play on the sympathies afforded them by the spotlight being shone on the caravan. They can always claim they skipped Mexico because they're fleeing gang violence and Mexico has lots of that as it is, so you can't flee gang violence only to settle in a country with gang violence just as bad or worse than the one you're fleeing.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Can someone explain what's going on here to me please.

It's a very long and complicated story but I'll try to give you a basic idea:

Basically these illegal aliens are threatening the US, as you say no respect for sovereignity. They are bad hombres. If they make it, if they win, they will not just want to integrate, they will likely annihilate the American way of life.

Fortunately the Americans have a powerful armed force to try and repel the illegal aliens. The aliens themselves however find protection in numbers. Hopefully the Americans find a weak spot in the illegal aliens defence. Maybe they could infiltrate and destroy them from within. It will be dangerous though, may even be a suicide mission. But their way of life, their independence, depends on it working out.

P.S. Here's a photo of the front line courtesy of the news organizations:

B074135A-D2E8-4417-87BB-54DB7AD01AE6.jpeg

Nobody Important

Executive Member
All the pieces falling into place for WW3
You are so right! It's the end of the world as we know it! :eek:

I recommend pulling your kids from school. Keep your family safe at home. We must all try to enjoy these last few months with our families before the fighting begins.

Nick333

Honorary Master
It's a very long and complicated story but I'll try to give you a basic idea:

Basically these illegal aliens are threatening the US, as you say no respect for sovereignity. They are bad hombres. If they make it, if they win, they will not just want to integrate, they will likely annihilate the American way of life.

Fortunately the Americans have a powerful armed force to try and repel the illegal aliens. The aliens themselves however find protection in numbers. Hopefully the Americans find a weak spot in the illegal aliens defence. Maybe they could infiltrate and destroy them from within. It will be dangerous though, may even be a suicide mission. But their way of life, their independence, depends on it working out.

P.S. Here's a photo of the front line courtesy of the news organizations:

View attachment 571059
Hehe.

Pox

Expert Member
I thought the caravan was still at least a month away? This looks like political point scoring to announce this now.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Yeah they probably don't give it everyone who turns up. But now they are probably to play on the sympathies afforded them by the spotlight being shone on the caravan. They can always claim they skipped Mexico because they're fleeing gang violence and Mexico has lots of that as it is, so you can't flee gang violence only to settle in a country with gang violence just as bad or worse than the one you're fleeing.
I don't think playing on sympathies is going to work tbh.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master

Harshly how? They will get to the border, be detained, processed and probably deported. Pretty much standard for anyone entering illegally.