5 controversial ANC members who are heading to Parliament.

BBSA

Honorary Master
The Electoral Commission of South Africa (IEC) officially handed over the list of 830 elective representatives headed to Parliament to Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng in a handover ceremony at the Constitutional Court in Braamfontein, Johannesburg on Wednesday.

SEE: These are the people who will represent you in Parliament, provincial legislatures

This comes after South Africa held its sixth "free, fair and peaceful" national and provincial elections on May 8. The ANC emerged victorious with over 10 million votes and 230 seats.

News24 found a few controversial names on the list that will be heading to the National Assembly: https://www.news24.com/elections/ne...embers-who-are-heading-to-parliament-20190515

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
All I read yesterday was that Fees Must Fall is heading to parliament. I see the one lady was already a intern with the ANC so not really that controversial in her regard.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
After all the hoo-ha over its parliamentary list, the ANC quietly hands over all the names to be sworn in by the Chief Justice without the amendments sought by its integrity committee. This thuma Mina never fails to amaze
Honestly, I expected nothing less...

That whole process was specifically geared to present a "Look at us, we care and are dealing with the bad apples", but timed just so that legally the ANC could do fsck all about it.

For me though, the telling list will be the Cabinet itself. How many of those bad apples get selected by Cyril.

konfab

Honorary Master

That whole process was specifically geared to present a "Look at us, we care and are dealing with the bad apples", but timed just so that legally the ANC could do fsck all about it.

For me though, the telling list will be the Cabinet itself. How many of those bad apples get selected by Cyril.
Do you think the Messiah really has that much control over that? He has to do what the NEC wants otherwise he is toast.

ekske1

Expert Member
The Electoral Commission of South Africa (IEC) officially handed over the list of 830 elective representatives headed to Parliament to Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng in a handover ceremony at the Constitutional Court in Braamfontein, Johannesburg on Wednesday.

SEE: These are the people who will represent you in Parliament, provincial legislatures

This comes after South Africa held its sixth "free, fair and peaceful" national and provincial elections on May 8. The ANC emerged victorious with over 10 million votes and 230 seats.

News24 found a few controversial names on the list that will be heading to the National Assembly: https://www.news24.com/elections/ne...embers-who-are-heading-to-parliament-20190515
Let me just facebook-like-it..

eg2505

Honorary Master
via ANC viva,

look at all the criminals we are sending to parliament.
lets build South Africa together,
Junk status here we come.

surface

Expert Member
Only 5? Let us say there are 50 controversial names - 50 out of 230? Anytime better than 220 out of 230? :ROFL::ROFL:
Considering there is no option now that process is completed. It is despicable that these 5 names are on the list.

Last edited:
All I read yesterday was that Fees Must Fall is heading to parliament. I see the one lady was already a intern with the ANC so not really that controversial in her regard.
yes, four of the MPs from EFF were intimately involved in #FeesMustFall. No doubt they will try to replicate their "tactics" at parliament with a lot of shouting, incoherent screaming, accusing all white people of racism etc. You are not going to get much debate from that lot.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
What did we expect, there aren't any 100% upstanding, ethical and honest anc members to choose from.

Kelerei

After all the hoo-ha over its parliamentary list, the ANC quietly hands over all the names to be sworn in by the Chief Justice without the amendments sought by its integrity committee. This thuma Mina never fails to amaze
I may stand corrected on this, but as far as I know, those names were locked in as soon as the ANC submitted them to the IEC... and the "hoo-ha", integrity committee, etc. only happened afterwards.

This, I agree with. If you know that the names are already locked in, but put on an "integrity committee" charade anyway...

thechamp

Honorary Master
I may stand corrected on this, but as far as I know, those names were locked in as soon as the ANC submitted them to the IEC... and the "hoo-ha", integrity committee, etc. only happened afterwards.

This, I agree with. If you know that the names are already locked in, but put on an "integrity committee" charade anyway...
What do you mean by locked in? I am sure if those cadres did the honourable thing they can still be replaced?

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
She failed in such a spectacular fashion, yet she gets rewarded.... the mind boggles.
They protect each other.. they can kill someone and guess what... nothing.

edit : Lip service was done during election time... now it's back to reality. No action on those promises...

Last edited: