5 great Android TV boxes you can buy in South Africa

FlashSA

Executive Member
Mi Box 3 is on 8.0 Oreo. Spec box needs an edit. Own 2 of them...

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Just add a note that the Mi Box is upgradable to Oreo and is the only one that natively supports Netflix.

Dolby

Honorary Master
The LIT has both SPDIF and IR Input port as well

freematrix

Hate to sound like a troll. I have a Minix and a myGica and an Apple TV 4th Gen.

The Apple has the best quality out of all of them when I use VLC which to be honest I was annoyed about because I used to use Kodi.
The family always ends up on the Apple TV for Netflix and now with the DSTV now app on Apple we don't end up using Android devices anymore for even sport.
Just my experiences overall.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Isn't that like saying my R900k is better than my brothers R300k car?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Just remember you get what you pay for. The Skyworth box is nice but it has a lot of shortcomings as with many other cheaper Android TV boxes.

They don't hold a candle to the Nvidia Shield.

ronz91

Expert Member
do most of these let you plug in a USB drive or hard drive and play media off there?

moron51

Why is the Telkom LIT on this list? It is not certified for Netflix, the support - hardware and firmware - is sad. Even as a freebie, it’s frustrating. Rather use a cellphone and a Chromecast.

Valerion

Expert Member
Just remember you get what you pay for. The Skyworth box is nice but it has a lot of shortcomings as with many other cheaper Android TV boxes.

They don't hold a candle to the Nvidia Shield.

I love my Shield, and it is locally available, so I am surprised it was not included. It is, however, 4-5 times the price of any of these devices.