5 great Android TV boxes you can buy in South Africa

Hunted

Cool.. Thought it was specific to the device.. but this works you say? Nice!
Yeah it works fine. I actually have it plugged into an powered USB Hub, with a 2.5' 1TB drive and two other USB dongles for Rii Remotes.

The Mi box picks it up as ethernet and you can then just disable the Wifi.

recre8

Just add a note that the Mi Box is upgradable to Oreo and is the only one that natively supports Netflix.

Also have a Mi box and planning on getting another. The latest android version has sorted out some bugs that were unbelievably bad when I first got the Mi Box. Like bad enough to make me question why people use Android. But after bricking the device during the upgrade and getting some simple online instructions, it's been plain sailing and the device is great for Kodi, showmax and netflix. Also one of the few devices that are google certified so you can watch Netflix in HD. Most of the other cheap devices aren't certified so 480p max.

Blesseddude

I've been using mygica since 2015 it works great, I'm thinking to upgrade to Latest one , but i think MI box can be great also .

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
The Skyworth box is well priced if you are not into Netflix. Does it come with an airmouse remote?

Nixnax

Where does one get to view these under one roof? JHB northern suburbs ideally? Thanks in advance