5 great Android TV boxes you can buy in South Africa

Mafavuka

The Xiaomi Mi box is now available at Incredible Connection, it simply works, is made to work on a non touch screen such as a TV, and you can therefor scroll up and down, and it works fantastically. it is more than simply connecting Android to your TV and it is connected to the internet, you need something that can navigate apps with a simple remote, no airmouse required. Xiaomi Mi box does it.

cronjec

Why not just get a MiBox?

I agree. When it comes to choosing a Android TV box, the Xiaomi Mi Box 3 is currently a no-brainer. No hassles with Netflix app or streaming. It just works and does what it needs to do very well.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I agree. When it comes to choosing a Android TV box, the Xiaomi Mi Box 3 is currently a no-brainer. No hassles with Netflix app or streaming. It just works and does what it needs to do very well.
The LIT is the same hardware with an 2 x USB (versus one) and 1 x Ethernet (versus none).

A few months back I'd agree with you, but I'd give it to the LIT box now.

The one thing in favour of the Mi right now is the Bluetooth voice remote though, but those will happen in a few weeks for the LIT, I'm told

Speedster

Honorary Master
The LIT is the same hardware with an 2 x USB (versus one) and 1 x Ethernet (versus none).

A few months back I'd agree with you, but I'd give it to the LIT box now.

The one thing in favour of the Mi right now is the Bluetooth voice remote though, but those will happen in a few weeks for the LIT, I'm told
How does the software / firmware compare?

Dolby

Honorary Master
How does the software / firmware compare?
I haven't gone through every single menu to see if there are any differences - but from what I've seen at face value, they're the same (I think both are Android 8.2.x).

Someone mentioned about the file systems etc when using external, but I haven't tried and not sure

ReganE

How often do you stream Atmos ?
How many other Android boxes can?
The only box go be able to stream natively stored atmos movies is the nvidia shield. Although the ATV4K can stream atmos from netflix and the shield can't yet.

SpiderGear

The only box go be able to stream natively stored atmos movies is the nvidia shield. Although the ATV4K can stream atmos from netflix and the shield can't yet.

So can the Fire Stick 4K from Amazon, and it is a lot cheaper!

damirnis

I love my Shield, and it is locally available, so I am surprised it was not included. It is, however, 4-5 times the price of any of these devices.
Hi, where can I find Nvidia shield for sale in South Africa?

Thank you