5 out of 9 South African banks don't charge extra for rand payments to Netflix and Spotify

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Why does Netflix not just open up a Standard Bank local bank account like the rest of the scammers?

Rofl the netflix b@stards tried to charge me again after a month or so after I cancelled. Got my refund :cautious:

I bank with Standard Bank and have been paying for ages, the shocker was when I noticed the fees for the online versions of Cape Argus, Cape Times, and Sunday Times. It seems because those newspapers use an international platform to put their newspapers online.

Nedbank is definitely charging these fees for Netflix (not a small merchant). So I switched over to Telkom billing for Netflix and YouTube Premium. No international fees now.

Nedbank is definitely charging these fees for Netflix (not a small merchant). So I switched over to Telkom billing for Netflix and YouTube Premium. No international fees now.
Huh?

I'm sure paying with Crypto does not attract these fees,

ZA Banks got to make their Coin somehow.

I wonder if these will apply to donations to wikimedia, Firefox, etc.

Discovery Bank has, for the first time, charged me a fee for an international transaction. :(Screenshot_20230606_081818_Discovery Bank.jpg

I went to go look at their pricing guide for the Discovery Bank Platinum account and I see they now proudly charge you a 2% fee (up to a maximum of R100) for international payments. I've been charged these since the beginning of the monthIMG_1287.png

Last edited:
Fkn bullschit. ABSA charges R4 per transaction, I just checked my charges statement.

In the past banks carried the cost on their side.

My ohhh my. People complaining about R4 ...

Wonder how do they sleep if the petrol price goes up

In the past banks carried the cost on their side.

My ohhh my. People complaining about R4 ...

Wonder how do they sleep if the petrol price goes up
I didn't complain. It's been like that from the start. The article is wrong.

Back