5 tips to easily speed up your home Internet connection

Speedster

Honorary Master
A Dual-band router uses two radio bands: 2.4GHz and 5GHz, which means that they transmit two simultaneous wireless signals.

AC does NOT mean the router only transmits in 5GHz. It means it does 5GHz AS WELL...

A router with the AC standard is usually backwards compatible, as it covers all the
previous standards as well: 802.11 a/b/g/n/r/k/v/ac

E.g. a Ubiquity UniFi 802.11.AC Dual-Radio Access Point.

It has Simultaneous Dual-Band which means it broadcasts and receives on both radio rates at the same time using MIMO .

My media player connects to my UniFi AP on the 2.4GHz band and my cellphone connects to it on the 5GHz band.

So how exactly am I talking bullschit?
I think what they're trying to say is the AC standard is only available at 5ghz. The dual band allows for other standards (b/g/n) to be transmit on 2.4ghz in parallel with the AC on 5ghz.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I think what they're trying to say is the AC standard is only available at 5ghz. The dual band allows for other standards (b/g/n) to be transmit on 2.4ghz in parallel with the AC on 5ghz.
So calling me "stupid" and saying I'm talking "bullschit"?

Especially this bit:

UniFi.JPG

Now suddenly it was about splitting hairs, and only about the AC standard and 5GHz.

When I said an AC AP, like the UniFi, can do both bands and simultaneously, , a schitstorm descended and I was told I'm stupid and full of schit and I am wrong.

Speedster

Honorary Master
So calling me "stupid" and saying I'm talking "bullschit"?

Especially this bit:

View attachment 845421

Now suddenly it was about splitting hairs, and only about the AC standard and 5GHz.

When I said an AC AP, like the UniFi, can do both bands and simultaneously, , a schitstorm descended and I was told I'm stupid and full of schit and I am wrong.
You did pretty strongly assert that AC isn't only 5Ghz

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
You did pretty strongly assert that AC isn't only 5Ghz
I very quickly, in my second post already I think, focused my assertion on the technology aspect, directly referring to hardware using that standard and having that standard as part of it's actual "name" of the device. e.g. the UniFi AC LR AP etc.

The implication was then that those devices cannot connect at both frequencies on both bands simultaneously.

If there was a miscommunication and we were arguing about 2 different things, I would apologize immediately, but the personal insults has left a bit of a taste in the mouth indeed...

I even clearly stated:

Never did I say that I'm connecting at 5GHz on a 2.4GHZ frequency.

but alas, people were on a roll...