5 worst mistakes you can make on your CV

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I think it also depends in which sector of the industry are you, in technical environment all this whole thing about properly laid out CVs is overrated, its more about how well you can demonstrate what you can do.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Would've thought "lies" to be number one on the list

cguy

Executive Member
I think it also depends in which sector of the industry are you, in technical environment all this whole thing about properly laid out CVs is overrated, its more about how well you can demonstrate what you can do.

I wouldn't trust someone with a sloppy CV to write a complex piece of code.

eg2505

Honorary Master
lot of articles lately on job search and job hunting,

wonder why?, do many devs contracts end now?

freddster

Expert Member
...but Richard Branson told everyone "If they ask you to do something and you don't know how, say you can and then learn how to do it " Now I'm lost. LOL
It depends on who receives the CVs, someone might look for a short description of what you've done, and don't want 5 /6 pages of details on who you are and where you come from. So sending a long CV to that person might not get you the job.
For me its not cast in stone what a CV should look like. No two people look at CVs in the same way.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
the first job i got my CV was written with a pen on a page of a notepad, I did not have money to print it let alone send it to those "professional CV writers", I had the format correct and everything that needed to be there was there, I am sure my English was very simple but I was honest and there were no errors in grammar or anything like that.

my point is unless you are applying for a job in high level management, there are many things you should concern yourself about, like being able to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise, if you know your stuff the chances of getting your job far more outweighs a few mistakes on your CV, unless you are dishonest or grossly misrepresenting yourself.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
aVPBXyy_460s.jpg