50gb for R500 for 180 days

milomak

Honorary Master

besides the obvious will cell c be around in 6 months, what is the catch here?

and also that i will never finish this on my phone. but i'll spend R500 on close to 10gb otherwise

Minosc

Had this now for more than a month.

No catch or problems so far.

Personally think it's one of the best deals in the market.

argh

In a rechargeable mifi modem that connects to the internet, I have been using this special, and Cell C's R2000 for 200 Gb valid for 365 days (same R10/Gb price), with absolutely no problems. I find that Cell C's prepaid data valid for periods longer than a month are the best option for me, but everyone has different requirements.

newjourno

They do have some good data deals.

On another note, I loaded a 200gb 365 day data bundle on my phone in June last year and still have more than 80gb left. Is there any method which will allow me can carry the data over the 12 month period? Supposing I buy additional data before expiry date?

kabusi

Expert Member

besides the obvious will cell c be around in 6 months, what is the catch here?

and also that i will never finish this on my phone. but i'll spend R500 on close to 10gb otherwise
No catch. Used this before. Only it's a 3G offer.

kabusi

Expert Member

On another note, I loaded a 200gb 365 day data bundle on my phone in June last year and still have more than 80gb left. Is there any method which will allow me can carry the data over the 12 month period? Supposing I buy additional data before expiry date?
You need to log into the portal a month or so prior to expiry. There will be options to purchase an extension.
Not worth it in my case since a 1 month extension was quoted at more than the original purchase price.

marco79

Expert Member
I used to buy these regularly. Works out to R10 a GB. Very worth it. Used it in a Portable WiFi router. Much better that buying data bundles.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Can this be used while roaming (mtn)? Or is it cell c data?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Good Day

You can roll over your data by dialing *147# option 2.

^SM

newjourno

Good Day

You can roll over your data by dialing *147# option 2.

^SM

Thanks for the update.

I did as requested and it says "you do not have data to role-over"

What does this mean? Is it because I still have a month and a half of my current package?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Yes, it could be. Please try again closer to the expiry date.

^SM