50gb for R500 for 180 days

kabusi

Expert Member
IIRC The fine print says this data cannot be rolled over.
It cannot be rolled over for free. But dont be surprised if a month before expiry Cell C offers an extension at double the price you paid for the whole bundle to keep the remaining balance for a further month.

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
I had to grab one of these today for work purposes. Other than it taking almost 20 minutes on the phone with Cell C to increase my limit (for some reason it couldn't be added to my phone contract which has the limit available), it's been hassle free.

Viva

Expert Member
I've been using a different version of this deal for many months, almost a year, as a primary data sim in my dual sim phone. I think mine was R1100 for 50GB valid for 365 days. Same value as the 180 day deal as I use less than 4GB/month on mobile data.

It's good value. The catch is that, unlike MTN (my primary sim) Cell C's data services stops working the moment loadshedding hits. It simply stops. The towers remain active, you'll have reception, but data throughput = 0. Just keep this is mind.

When this happens, I switch over to MTN and data works fine, just as it does when there's no loadshedding in progress.

kosmonooit

Any idea where one can get Cell C Sims now in Jhb? all the Cell C shops are closed.

I have clients crying with Telkom LTE nonsense, so this is a good interim solution., i loaded one last night and deployed today and all good so far.

Yes I got a permit.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
It's good value. The catch is that, unlike MTN (my primary sim) Cell C's data services stops working the moment loadshedding hits. It simply stops. The towers remain active, you'll have reception, but data throughput = 0. Just keep this is mind.
This will depend on the base stations in your area.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Any idea where one can get Cell C Sims now in Jhb? all the Cell C shops are closed.

I have clients crying with Telkom LTE nonsense, so this is a good interim solution., i loaded one last night and deployed today and all good so far.

Yes I got a permit.
Airtime, simcards and bundles are part of essential items for sale. You will find them at Checkers and PnP kiosk counter now that they removed all the cigarettes.

Dev1

Airtime, simcards and bundles are part of essential items for sale. You will find them at Checkers and PnP kiosk counter now that they removed all the cigarettes.
Will they need to be RICA'd? Haven't bought a sim in a while so not sure the process these days.

milomak

Honorary Master
this offer has really come at a bad time considering i am practically on wifi 24/7 at home

Viva

Expert Member
This will depend on the base stations in your area.
Indeed. So let me clarify. All the places I frequent, which include three different towns on most days ( I live and work in different towns) have the same issue on Cell C during loadshedding.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Indeed. So let me clarify. All the places I frequent, which include three different towns on most days ( I live and work in different towns) have the same issue on Cell C during loadshedding.
Never happened to me, but when we hit stage 6 loadshedding, my Cell-C signal did disappear completely after about 3 hours.

Viva

Expert Member
Never happened to me, but when we hit stage 6 loadshedding, my Cell-C signal did disappear completely after about 3 hours.
Great, in that case I can only hope that the situation in my area will improve.