50M outside of Rain LTE-A coverage zone

JimboJambo

I am give or take 50m outside of the Rain LTE-A coverage zone and get full 4g coverage from within my home on my cellphone. Crystalweb are willing to send me a router and start a month to month contract even with these conditions. Should I bite the bullet on this and try it out??? :confused:

Does anyone in the Durban area have experience operating an LTE router just outside of the coverage map???

dee4dog

@Jimbo, i was about 75m outside coverage when they started, mailed coverage@rain.co.za with my adress and are now are well within coverage. Some people reporting coverage outside the map as indicated on the site. As long as Crystal web have a return policy , like web afrika, give it a go!

JimboJambo

Thanks for the quick replies guys, really ready to push the button on this one and just wanted some opinions :D will speak to the Crystalweb support tonight and post a message back here about the return policy for those that are interested as well.

davyb

Just be careful, if you are officially out of coverage area, how they assist you can be effected when experiencing technical issues.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Oops. They haven't rolled out their mobile yet. Sorry.

I was almost getting excited, I'm about 50m from the coverage map too.

I mailed them and they said I they are rolling out new towers in my area in the next couple of months. Seems they are quite aggressive in getting customers.

JimboJambo

Right now I'm sending Webafrica an email regarding the return policy as @davyb said I should check if the circumstances change based on my situation. Spoke to a CW agent and as far as they know there is no return policy regarding bad signal service, so really only buy from them if you know for sure your covered on the network. Definitely going to give this a shot if Webafrica give me the green light. Will post results in a few days if we manage to get the LTE router set up here.

MickeyD

RIP
Right now I'm sending Webafrica an email regarding the return policy as @davyb said I should check if the circumstances change based on my situation. Spoke to a CW agent and as far as they know there is no return policy regarding bad signal service, so really only buy from them if you know for sure your covered on the network. Definitely going to give this a shot if Webafrica give me the green light. Will post results in a few days if we manage to get the LTE router set up here.

If you are outside the coverage area then NO ISP will give you a return, as they won't even give you the product unless you sign a waiver.

JimboJambo

If you are outside the coverage area then NO ISP will give you a return, as they won't even give you the product unless you sign a waiver.

Do you know this for a fact about their return policy? And that's pretty much why I'm dropping them an email. This is also posted at the bottom of their coverage map. "While we continually update our map to ensure reliability, please note that on occasion the data supplied by the underlying LTE-A infrastructure provider is not always 100% accurate."

Have sent them an email and posted on their Facebook. Will be able to know in a couple hours what they can do for me.

JimboJambo

Apologies for making a new comment with the same quote, Webafrica just got back to me and said that I am allowed to retain all the benefits of their return policy :D So all of you guys that were in 2 minds about applying for service and are slightly out of range, drop webafrica an email on their support line and they will help you in knowing if you are allowed to retain the return policy based on your location. Applying for the service tonight and will post results when the router comes.

MickeyD

RIP
Apologies for making a new comment with the same quote, Webafrica just got back to me and said that I am allowed to retain all the benefits of their return policy :D So all of you guys that were in 2 minds about applying for service and are slightly out of range, drop webafrica an email on their support line and they will help you in knowing if you are allowed to retain the return policy based on your location. Applying for the service tonight and will post results when the router comes.

It is going to be very interesting to see the response from Internet Solutions to Web Africa regarding this offer.

JimboJambo

Finally got my LTE package, went with the 440gb pm for R1350.

and I am in a dead zone for coverage, about 50m out.

speeeed.jpg

JimboJambo

i see you using WhatsApp Web during the speedtest :D

Good spot! x) Much prefer it when I am sitting at my PC haha, makes replying and sending messages far easier than struggling with auto-correct :D

Off Peak speeds
wauw.png

Crossing_Swords

Sorry to derail. Just a quick question. Are you guys happy with Rain? My adsl line has permanent problems, so I'm sick of it now. Is getting Rain a good idea? I only need 150GB a month. Thanks.