50PPM DIESEL NOW IN NAMIBIA AND BOTSWANA - TAKE YOUR SANTY THERE

reneg8or

The Namibian Government introduced 50 PPM formally from 1st of June 2013, and the fuel specification has been gazetted. The availability is till limited due to the very short notice given by MME. From engen perspective the product will be made available only at selected sites.

The following town have already got 50 PPM available,

Katima Mulilo,

Rundu

Tsumeb,

Otapi

Ondangwa,

Ongedwiva

Walvis Bay,

Tsumeb,

Ontjiwarongo,

Gobabis,

Karabib

Okahandja will commence this week

Three service station in Windhoek will commence today with the balance to follow later in the week. The Southern part of the Country will be rolled out over next two weeks, the sites that will have 50 PPM available will be Rosh Pinah, Luderitz, Keetanshoop, Mariental

As for the other oil companies total has a selected few sites operational.

reneg8or

SA is a decade behind with 50PPM

Wow, they're about 10 years behind...
In Europe, UK, Down Under and Beyond Down Under, USA and other areas, the standard is either 5, 10 or 15 ppm. we are lagging far behind and many models can't be sold here as a result.

That said, I am glad that we can now tour Namibia without too much of a problem. Thanks to VolvoSA and Volvo Namibia for having informed me. They even knew it in Sweden well before we did! Volvo is up-to-date with the news. Also, Engen came to the party and provided the list given, which was confirmed by the Mercedes-Benz Dealer Principal in Windhoek. The Namibians just are probably the friendliest and most helpful of all in Africa.

Anyhow, whoever is going there now, enjoy the trip and post some pics!

reneg8or

Sigh! Don't see my town on the list...
Now that must be fine bragging......to say that you reside there.......it makes some of us :sick: green :sick: with jealousy :D Enjoy life out there, Namibian MortyMoose, we will catch up one day. Meanwhile, we brave the jungles planted by construction engineers, our steeds sip a 50ppm cocktail and we dream of a bush fire and the smell of nature. Maybe soon, someone will bring you the good stuff as well! Have a nice weekend out there.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
In Europe, UK, Down Under and Beyond Down Under, USA and other areas, the standard is either 5, 10 or 15 ppm. we are lagging far behind and many models can't be sold here as a result.

That said, I am glad that we can now tour Namibia without too much of a problem. Thanks to VolvoSA and Volvo Namibia for having informed me. They even knew it in Sweden well before we did! Volvo is up-to-date with the news. Also, Engen came to the party and provided the list given, which was confirmed by the Mercedes-Benz Dealer Principal in Windhoek. The Namibians just are probably the friendliest and most helpful of all in Africa.

Anyhow, whoever is going there now, enjoy the trip and post some pics!
Damn those okes sound organized...

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Now that must be fine bragging......to say that you reside there.......it makes some of us :sick: green :sick: with jealousy :D Enjoy life out there, Namibian MortyMoose, we will catch up one day. Meanwhile, we brave the jungles planted by construction engineers, our steeds sip a 50ppm cocktail and we dream of a bush fire and the smell of nature. Maybe soon, someone will bring you the good stuff as well! Have a nice weekend out there.
Yep!Yep! Tis a tough life up here north of the border, wild animals on the grass outside my house, get to walk to work in three minutes, kids school two minute drive, walk along 4km of deserted beach, walk the 100m high dunes outside of town, go camping for free next to the river five minutes drive away, nothing else to do but drink ice cold draught and braai....jeez it's tough, but somebody has to do it.... Hehehe! ;)

reneg8or

What is a SANTY? (as per thread headline)
Moniker for Hyundai Santa Fé, one of the vehicles that will see its warranty become null and void when filled up with the wrong fuel or with two-stroke oil added to it. Ditto Sorento from Kia as well as many other brands. Santa Fé is fondly named "Santy" by some but up in Libya, they call it a San Taffy! :confused:

reneg8or

Yep!Yep! Tis a tough life up here north of the border, wild animals on the grass outside my house, get to walk to work in three minutes, kids school two minute drive, walk along 4km of deserted beach, walk the 100m high dunes outside of town, go camping for free next to the river five minutes drive away, nothing else to do but drink ice cold draught and braai....jeez it's tough, but somebody has to do it.... Hehehe! ;)
You've got bragging rights as well as reason to smile as ALL stations will have 50ppm available within a few weeks or months. ;)